Check it out!! Combat Mission just got EVEN better!

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is too much. I've just received CMBB, and now another one is on the way.

I had thought that the next release would be the PTO. I wonder if that will be CM IV?

Nat

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I am still hooked to the old Steel Panthers series. This is the only game that keeps the ASL feeling for me. No 3d, just plain old boring 2d hexes but it looks great. A bit dated but great. The best part is that it is still available, it is supported, and it is free.

Cannot ask for a better deal.

John B.

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Which Steel Pathers do you find to be the most enjoyable from an ASLers point of view?

I bought the boxed set of three a couple of years ago. Have they updated them at all?

John

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Holy Crap!!!

Are they taking pre-orders yet?

I stopped playing CMBB - just could not get into it. I like western front.

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris,

Make sure to get a new graphics card too.

I will get one soon for this and Half-Life too.

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
TankDawg said:
Chris,

Make sure to get a new graphics card too.

I will get one soon for this and Half-Life too.
I think I'll have to give it all a miss. I used to play computer games all the time, but now I just don't have the time. Of course, VASL doesn't count as a computer game :)

da priest

Reaction score
Chris Milne said:
I think I'll have to give it all a miss. I used to play computer games all the time, but now I just don't have the time. Of course, VASL doesn't count as a computer game :)
Me too, it wasn't the vehicle graphics that were the problem--the infantry just looked "cartoonish"... :?

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ron,

Have you played it? It is amazing. All the accuracy and detail of ASL with no rule look ups or dice rolls.

Dont knock it til you try it.

Besides, if you dont like those graphics, arent you the one that actually thinks ASL counters are okay?

Jeff

da priest

Reaction score
TankDawg said:
Ron,

Have you played it? It is amazing. All the accuracy and detail of ASL with no rule look ups or dice rolls.

Dont knock it til you try it.
Had one of the first copies off the presses---played it to death---the "people" graphics are terrible for a COMPUTER game...seen better SIMS...

TankDawg said:
Besides, if you dont like those graphics, arent you the one that actually thinks ASL counters are okay?

Jeff
Dawg: Different animals--boardgame vs graphic intensive computer game... kind of comparing a very excellently cooked Filet Mignon with a top of the line Volvo with no seats...

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Anyone played the Demo yet? I had a go at Fruhlingswind last night as the yanks and won pretty easily altho I lost most of my Grants and 3 shermans thru a couple of stupid calls. I loved the fires and brewed up vehicles,looked awsome!Needless to say,I'm sold.