"Chatter font changed"?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Opening up VASL today, I noticed the font seemed different. Sure enough, the first thing VASL logged to its chat window:

So, why did that happen? I sure as heck didn't do it. And I don't like things changing without my knowledge - makes me wonder what else is going on.

Could it be the new Java version I think I installed last week?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Have you been vaccinated? How long ago? Have you developed the craving for human flesh?

Just trying to monitor progress....

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Opening up VASL today, I noticed the font seemed different. Sure enough, the first thing VASL logged to its chat window:

View attachment 17811

So, why did that happen? I sure as heck didn't do it.
Blame it on the Bossa Nova, um, I mean VASSAL. This is definitely a VASSAL change or something underlying it. Nothing we did in VASL. I get the same message.

BTW, you can set the chatter font in Preferences-> Chat Window. That is not new.
And I don't like things changing without my knowledge - makes me wonder what else is going on.

VASSAL has gone from 3.2.17 to 3.5.5 with lots of versions in between. I suspect there are lots of small changes that we haven't even begun to notice yet!

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Opening up VASL today, I noticed the font seemed different.
Different from what version? What's the other side of the comparison? (And what version of VASASL is the screenshot from?)

If you're using Windows or MacOS, no, because VASSAL 3.3+ doesn't use the version of Java you have installed.

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The "Chatter font changed" message is in VASL/build/moudle/ASLChatter.java, btw. It's not coming from VASSAL.