Charity Song from the Band I Play Drums In....

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Posting this as some guys on here have expressed an interest in the band I'm in over the years.

We applied about twelve months back to appear on a charity album which is released annually by an organisation called Specialized. They choose a main band annually and invite other unsigned bands to submit a song. The quirk of the system is that they draw randomly which song they want you to submit, and they then choose which recording to put on the album.

The band this year is The Jam. We already cover a couple of their tunes when we do a set of covers (we play mainly originals...the cover songs enable us to snap up more gigs as a lot of places don't want original music). We'd sort of hoped we'd be asked to cover a song we already knew well...of course it didn't pan out that way :)

We didn't think we had a chance of being accepted (far better bands than us out there), and also received the considerably curved ball of a song which, unless you're a fan of the main band, is lesser known.

To our surprise they liked us...accepted our song...and the album has just been released. All the money from sales goes to charity.

Well...enough rambling. Here it is....Hope you enjoy it...and perhaps, if you like the Jam, you might consider buying the album.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's more Jam T-shirts than I have Grateful Dead/tie dye t-shirts but not as many as my ASL t-shirts. Next video could you wear a tank or a dude with a machine gun on your t-shirt ? Please?