Chapter H pages in Waffen SS II pack

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All,

It's been a very long time and I just noticed a picture on Boardgame Geeks website that shows the inventory of the Waffen SS Pack for Fuhrer's Firemen.

There are some Chapter H pages that I do not remember getting with my pack.

Does anyone know if these are in the HOB updates to Waffen SS I & II?

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's been a long time, but I don't remember getting Chapter H pages with either of those...could they be the pages from HOB's Recon by Fire #4 or LFT's From the Cellar #3?

Semper Fi!
Scott

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's been a long time, but I don't remember getting Chapter H pages with either of those...could they be the pages from HOB's Recon by Fire #4 or LFT's From the Cellar #3?

Semper Fi!
Scott
They have the Death's Head symbol inside of the yellow banner at the top of the page.

I remember getting a one page Chapter H for the Berlin; Red Vengeance module, but do not remember the Waffen SS packs having them. Its been a long time since I opened them up and I am not currently near my ASL stash.

Did the tour of the memorials at Pearl Harbor yesterday afternoon and was humbled by the size of the memorials for the USS Arizona, USS Oklahoma and the USS Utah. Took pictures of each site and the USS Missouri; they've cheesed up that dock to reflect the victory in the Pacific was the only fighting of WWII. Also went to the Pacific Air Museum AND Bldg 79 (the hangar ADJACENT to the PAM); my camera battery died trying to take pictures inside these buildings.

regularjoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There aren't pages in the updated HOB SS packs as I have those. My understanding -- I don't have the chapter H pages -- is that there were instructions on them for use of the Hitler counter in BRV. I wouldn't mind a scan of these myself if that's permissible and any forumites are able to accommodate. I have all the SS packs (the reprint and the lone one not included in the reprint) and BRV and I've always wondered what I'm missing. Seems odd to have some of the rules for a HASL in a different product.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are 4 pages for Ch H notes. Page 1 is Allied/ Axis notes and pgs. 2-4 are vehicle notes

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There aren't pages in the updated HOB SS packs as I have those. My understanding -- I don't have the chapter H pages -- is that there were instructions on them for use of the Hitler counter in BRV. I wouldn't mind a scan of these myself if that's permissible and any forumites are able to accommodate. I have all the SS packs (the reprint and the lone one not included in the reprint) and BRV and I've always wondered what I'm missing. Seems odd to have some of the rules for a HASL in a different product.
Go here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/183499/waffen-ss-ii-fuhrers-firemen?size=original

Look at the picture in the original format.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
All,

It's been a very long time and I just noticed a picture on Boardgame Geeks website that shows the inventory of the Waffen SS Pack for Fuhrer's Firemen.

There are some Chapter H pages that I do not remember getting with my pack.

Does anyone know if these are in the HOB updates to Waffen SS I & II?
Kevin are the counters on the page Black SS ones, if so these pages came in BRV a coouple of antique armoured cars if I remember correctly there are tabs for them in my tabs file on the Texas website

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
What is the Texas website?

Is that the Banzai place?

Caise

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My copy has a single sheet of Chapt H. It is designated WSSII:1 on the front and WSSII:2 on the back.

Page 1 has:

Berlin Red Vengeance Reinforcement additions
Rules for the Hitler counter
Errata and Q&A for SS I No Quarter, No Glory

Page 2 has Chapt H notes for 3 Vehicles:

Panzerspahwagon L2H43
Polizeisondershutzwagon 1921 (SdKfz 3)
Borgward B IV Panzerjager with 8.8 cm Raketenpanzerbuche 54

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Hum, I am not seeing any chapter H notes for BRV, searched for SS, Chapter H, BRV etc.

dspurlock

ASL Layout Junkie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My copy has a single sheet of Chapt H. It is designated WSSII:1 on the front and WSSII:2 on the back.

Page 1 has:

Berlin Red Vengeance Reinforcement additions
Rules for the Hitler counter
Errata and Q&A for SS I No Quarter, No Glory

Page 2 has Chapt H notes for 3 Vehicles:

Panzerspahwagon L2H43
Polizeisondershutzwagon 1921 (SdKfz 3)
Borgward B IV Panzerjager with 8.8 cm Raketenpanzerbuche 54
Yeap, both of my WSSII packs have the same as well

dspurlock

ASL Layout Junkie
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh and btw- If you read the title page of WSSII you see the following:

"As a special bonus a Chapter H page is included containing the necessary rules and notes for a rare set of vehicles found near the Reichstag and others found near Hitler's bunker. And for those of you who could not resist the urge to put Corporal Hitler into the front lines in your Berlin: Red Vengeance CG we have included a realistic set of rules for this unlikely scenario."

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh and btw- If you read the title page of WSSII you see the following:

"As a special bonus a Chapter H page is included containing the necessary rules and notes for a rare set of vehicles found near the Reichstag and others found near Hitler's bunker. And for those of you who could not resist the urge to put Corporal Hitler into the front lines in your Berlin: Red Vengeance CG we have included a realistic set of rules for this unlikely scenario."
Thanks Derek.

I've located my hard copy; hidden in the German Chapter H of the RBv1.

p3love

ASL Acolyte
Reaction score
Country
ll
what is waffen SS no quarter no glory like? Is it worth getting?

regularjoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any of the HOB SS products are worth buying if you have the inclination for a group of SS themed scenarios. If you're looking for some really interesting items from HOB I am a big fan of the Fire Fights packs.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
what is waffen SS no quarter no glory like? Is it worth getting?
Heretic! It has ASL on it, of course it's worth getting! All kidding aside, it is a good pack. Bear hunt is a fun one. One eye to the west is my favorite out of the pack.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Whether SS themed stuff is your bag is another question, there are so many (MMP: KGP I & II, LCP: LSSAH 1-4 & Pr. Eug., LFT: FTC 3, BFP CoS (well, sort of)).

However HoB did not get a good reputation for nothing. If you have the cash to spare I would get anything HoB except BtB (1) and HG (1) as they have been redone by BFP as BtB2 and HG2. OtO is also one that will likely be incorporated in a future BFP EF pack. Their Special Forces packs were, I thought, quite interesting, though unusual.