Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
really looking forward to this coming out, just hope I have the money to grab a copy when it hits the stores over here in the UK
lots of things to pay for right now, though, yes, I know, I should get my priorities straight and focus on ASL :D

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
I guess. But $8 is less than I spent on lunch from Wendys across the street from Staples, and the book will last me years. shrug

What would really save me some bread would be a SASL reprint. That would save me a couple hundred dollars.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How about an option to buy a print-on-demand unbound pocket rule book (and chapter H)? When I bought an updated RB V-whatever-it-is-now, the first thing I did was to put all the pages into sheet protectors and put them into 3-ring binders. With an unbound pocket rule book I could refresh my rule book whenever I need to without worrying about it going out of stock.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The pocket rule book is smaller than the standard one, Not sure there are page protectors or binders that match that size. You can always take a pocket rule book to Staples/Office Depot and have them cut the binding off. They do that if you want to spiral bind them.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess what I'm really asking for is a PoD full-size rule book option rather than MMP having to keep stock, if that makes sense.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The pocket rule book is smaller than the standard one, Not sure there are page protectors or binders that match that size. You can always take a pocket rule book to Staples/Office Depot and have them cut the binding off. They do that if you want to spiral bind them.
Also keep in mind that page protectors, if even available, would substantially increase the thickness of the overall package when you're done. Negates, in some measure, the "pocketness" of the pocket RB. Mine is dogeared and battle-worn - not a museum piece for sure!

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IMO, spiral binding the pocket books is must. I did it the same day mine showed up in the mail. Will do the same for chapter H
Yup, got mine done on Friday. Laminated front and back. I also laminated an IIFT/To Hit/Kill charts and a CC odds calculator. Then inserted the Spilky charts at the end.

140291403014031Nice toes, eh?

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Also keep in mind that page protectors, if even available, would substantially increase the thickness of the overall package when you're done. Negates, in some measure, the "pocketness" of the pocket RB. Mine is dogeared and battle-worn - not a museum piece for sure!
Yep. My full ASRLB is nicely protected on the shelf in two 4" binders. It is reference only. My pocket is dog-eared and worn because its used every game. Its possibly the best $40 I've ever spent on ASL.

Faded 8-1

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Nice idea, adding in the charts Ric. Wish I'd thought of that. Oh well, I have the v3 Rat Charts on the way from Gamers Armory.