Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
IMO the Ch. H book should keep with the theme used with other rulebooks - three to four 'figures' from different nationalities.

The PRB cover is clean, sharp and crisp with titles neatly set in the upper left and the four figures set slightly below the lower half. It is uncluttered and easy on the eyes. "Rule Book" could be replaced with "Chapter H" with all other text remaining the same.

Three (or four) tanks blended in a similar 'silhouette' style, set 'back' in visual depth would make an attractive and sharp cover. It could retain the orange/yellow of the PRB or use the grey of Chapter D. With the gloss finish either colour would present a visually pleasing quality product.

For charts on the back, add the AP TK table as it would seem the right size. If space and layout permits it have AP TK and APCR/APDS or AFV Destruction Table.

Cheers.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If there is one iconic tank design from the entire war, it will have to be the T34.

No other single AFV had a comparable impact on the entire course of the war.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
If there is one iconic tank design from the entire war, it will have to be the T34.

No other single AFV had a comparable impact on the entire course of the war.
The M4 Sherman was in Pacific, Africa, Italy, France, East Front. Its design had an impact winning across the globe. I think it exceeds the T34 in significance in WW2.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I prefer the pocket chapter H rulebook keep with the rulebook sobriety.
Perhaps just changing the global colour (e.g. yellow like the colour of chapter H).
I don't want it to be a Christmas tree and I want to be able to read it in a discreet manner, without being thought of as a nerd (which I may well be, I know).
And I don't understand why tanks should be on the cover : chapter H is about DYO, all sorts of vehicles and guns.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The M4 Sherman was in Pacific, Africa, Italy, France, East Front. It's design had an impact winning across the globe. I think it exceeds the T34 in significance in WW2.
There would be space for both and even more vehicles.

FrankJ

Cap'n Crud
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any chance we could see a full size pocket type book for the main ASLRB, which would be easier on the eyes?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Any chance we could see a full size pocket type book for the main ASLRB, which would be easier on the eyes?
Take the full-size book to a book binder. It doesn't cost too much. You can also take it to a Kinkos/FedEx and have it spiral bound as well which is better since it will lay flat and you can add pages in later by cutting the spiral and adding them in to be re-bound. It is a little harder with an actual bound book. -- jim

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A collage of metal would be good...front and back

My battered spiralless-bound version.

David Reinking

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had Chapters A-G (not including Chapter F) spiral-bound into one book, Chapter H into a second, Chapter Z into a third and Historical rule pages into a fourth. When Hollow Legions comes out, though, then I will have to make a decision, as Chapter F will not fit into the A-G book.

FrankJ

Cap'n Crud
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Take the full-size book to a book binder. It doesn't cost too much. You can also take it to a Kinkos/FedEx and have it spiral bound as well which is better since it will lay flat and you can add pages in later by cutting the spiral and adding them in to be re-bound. It is a little harder with an actual bound book. -- jim
Okay, thats a good idea. I have to admit, I kind of like the soft cover bound books. I know its not as practical as a spiral bound, but I like the feel of a bound book.

pixelgeek

Just some guy
Reaction score
First name
Zac
Country
llCanada
Take the full-size book to a book binder. It doesn't cost too much.
You would be surprised at how cheap this is. Make sure you go to a printer though. Someplace that handles business print jobs and not a Kinkos. Get the to add a mylar cover as well

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
You would be surprised at how cheap this is. Make sure you go to a printer though. Someplace that handles business print jobs and not a Kinkos. Get the to add a mylar cover as well
I researched it back in the day. I chose a spiral bound book done at Kinkos. I liked that it laid flat when opened, I could also "fold it back" to keep a page handy. When I want to add pages, I could cut the spiral, go to the same Kinkos (and more importantly, the same paper punch) so the holes in the new pages lined up and have it re-threaded for about $7. Personally, I would spiral bound if I still used a paper book. When I get the new chapter H from MMP, I will likely go find a way to cut the binding off the pocket ASLRB and chapter H and have them spiral bound together. I prefer them that way. -- jim

jwoodall04

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It would also be nice if they put the interior diagrams from the rule binder into the Chapter H pocket edition.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Well, I work for the government. Those long debates about PowerPoint are paid for by taxpayers.
I retired from the Government and I'd rather get a root canal than prepare another PowerPoint presentation...or sit through 5 minutes of content in a 60 minute meeting...(I could go on and on).

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I'm thrilled to hear about the Chapter H pocket rulebook. This is long overdue. I don't care too much what the cover looks like as long as it's not overly gaudy. Something simple is just fine.