Chapter F Chart Error?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Playing the mini-campaign, “A Line In The Sand”, scenario J79, “Rommel’s Remedy”, CG SSR 2 says that “Broken Terrain (F13.1) exists on all boards [EXC: board 25]”. So reading F13.1, the movement through Broken Ground hex says, “…uses doubled Chapter B Open Ground MF/MP costs…”

Therefore, if an OG hex of for a Truck is normally 4 MP, a Broken Ground hex should be 8 MP…right?

However, the Chapter F divider (after all these years?) shows the MP for a Truck as “2 br”. I think that should be “8 br”, especially since an AC is 6 MP a truck would be more, no doubt. Granted there are no trucks in this scenario, but we discovered that error as we were playing.

Yes/no?

If this was noticed and posted somewhere else long ago, my apologies for not finding it. =)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Certainly an error somewhere: either in the AC or the truck, and almost certainly it's the truck that's wrong.

JR

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing the mini-campaign, “A Line In The Sand”, scenario J79, “Rommel’s Remedy”, CG SSR 2 says that “Broken Terrain (F13.1) exists on all boards [EXC: board 25]”. So reading F13.1, the movement through Broken Ground hex says, “…uses doubled Chapter B Open Ground MF/MP costs…”

Therefore, if an OG hex of for a Truck is normally 4 MP, a Broken Ground hex should be 8 MP…right?

However, the Chapter F divider (after all these years?) shows the MP for a Truck as “2 br”. I think that should be “8 br”, especially since an AC is 6 MP a truck would be more, no doubt. Granted there are no trucks in this scenario, but we discovered that error as we were playing.

Yes/no?

If this was noticed and posted somewhere else long ago, my apologies for not finding it. =)
Normal OG ground for a truck in the desert is 1. The chart is correct.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Looks to me like the Chapter F Terrain Chart is in error. It should read "8 br", not "2 br". All of the other entries on that line of the chart match the "doubled Chapter B Open Ground cost" pattern as described in F13.1.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Normal Chapter B cost is doubled, not normal desert cost. That is why the AC costs 6 MP, not two MP.

JR
Hmmmmm, maybe the chart was put together by somebody like me, and that's why it's wrong.....damn.