Changing the Guard

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Veers points to the bottom, seeing Veers, Mantis, and Mark and says, "Hey, here we are."

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Absolutely. As long as we have the events left to do it with. Unless it doesn't involve events...:D

Yeah, there isn't much left to develop for CoW.
On a related matter, are you planning to upgrade to T3, Wolf?
I probably won't be getting T3 just yet, I only ever play PBEM and the main advantage of T3 appears to be Elmer. So as long as ACOW opponents are available I'll stick with that, of course in the future I'll probably get T3.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I only even PBEM, EA exclusively, but that's the real reason I want T3. If EA was produced, in all it's glory, with only 500 events, I drool to think what can be done with 999. The abilty to find embarked units is almost worth the cost of admission alone in my mind.

:laugh:

Veers

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The abilty to find embarked units is almost worth the cost of admission alone in my mind.
That's what I said when I bought it. And I still think it. As well, the pathfinding is way better, no more walking your troops over ten steps to go eleven hexes. Oh yeah, AA fire actually works, too. There are other things as well, I'd say it's worth the price. Also, soon EA will be beefed up with T3 and then it'll definately be worth the price. :D

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
I probably won't be getting T3 just yet, I only ever play PBEM and the main advantage of T3 appears to be Elmer. So as long as ACOW opponents are available I'll stick with that, of course in the future I'll probably get T3.
I think that there is plenty enough in TOAW III to justify its price, but then I'm a bit biased...;)

For everyone who's bought it and felt it worth the money, I think there is a different set of features that justify the purchase. For me, it would have been worth it for a single included feature - that of the MRPB. That one feature alone is "worth it" to me. In retrospect, I should have pushed a little harder in pre-release development to go back and retrofit all of the included scenarios to have a base MRPB of 3. Then the vast difference that feature makes in gameplay would have been more visible to those who have purchased TOAW III. That is, without forcing players to have to edit the scenarios on their own.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
My thought on that was a bit late in the realization, but I have to admit that the MRPB feature is very important to me as well. At first glance, this wasn't a huge issue for me, as although I do have the same results as anyone with turn-burn, it isn't a big factor. When it happens, I shrug it off.

But I have had some serious difficulty persuading certain friends who might have otherwise been interested in this game to continue through the steep learning curve, as they quickly grew frustrated with the system, and basically threw their hands into the air in disgust, not giving the game a fair chance.

Having the MRPB feature might not be a huge deal to vets, but it seems to me that it will be invaluable in persuading potential players to stick with the game long enough to see the gold hidden underneath all the detail.

Foggy

Reaction score
After seven years of working on this scenario I feel that I've contributed about as much as I can to its development, and that with the arrival of TOAW III it is an appropriate time to hand over the reins. :cry:

I'm pleased to say that Veers (Wyatt) and Mantis (Shane), who have both been very supportive in the past, have agreed to take charge and continue working with it. I'll still be involved in this forum, but on the same basis as any other player. I've every confidence that the two of them will keep it running for another seven years, and look forward to seeing how the scenario moves forward.

I'd just like to thank everyone who's helped me in the past with ideas, suggestions, criticism and even complaints - too many names to mention individually, but you know who you are, and also to thank what's now Gamesquad for agreeing to host the scenario on this site. I know from experience that overseeing the development of a large and complicated scenario like EA can be pretty challenging, and I'm sure that any players interested in it will give their full support to Wyatt and Shane in the future.
Thanks Mark for all your hard work - maybe one day I'll win a game of EA:paperbag:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Wyatt and I will crank out a special Foggy-only version for you! (Send cheque or money order to...)

:laugh: