Changing TCA after firing MA in AFph - legal?

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pick one.

If you have one such weapon, you can change one CA (T or V) not both. If you have a VCA Weapon and a TCA weapon you can change VCA followed by TCA.
Wait, are you saying that if I have a turreted AFV in a friendly fire phase with TCA and VCA at 12:00 and only one weapon is capable of firing I can pivot either the TCA or VCA but not both? What if the unfired weapon is a BMG, can I change the TCA at all?

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What if the unfired weapon is a BMG, can I change the TCA at all?
Not at all. VCA only
Agreed.

TCA-to-hull-realtive posture will not change -- as the VCA changes, TCA with change with the VCA, changing also but not changing relative to the hull.

So, if TCA is aligned (12:00 as you say) w/the VCA before the VCA change, TCA will still be 12:00 hull-aligned after the VCA change.

[And, of course, same holds if TCA were initially at 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00 or 10:00 instead - the TCA-to-VCA "o'clock-ness" after the VCA change must remain the same as it was before the change, in this BMG case.]

Last edited:

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, copy what Wayne says, but seems at odds with what Jazz says.

If TCA is 1200 to VCA (ie pointing in same direction) and I turn the VCA to 0400 using the BMG, then, if I understand Wayne, the TCA will now be in the same direction as the VCA, ie the same RELATIVE to the VCA, or 0400.

But it seems that Jazz is saying, no, BMG turns the VCA to 0400 but the TCA stays at 1200, and one must have a turret mounted weapon capableoffiring IOT change the TCA.

Thank you for your patience.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
What I am trying to say (possibly successfully?) is that an unfired BMG allows one to change VCA. Such a CA change would only be for the VCA and the orientation of the TCA to VCA would not change in such an event.

I agree with Wayne completely, and I think thats what I said....of course it is a 2nd language for me....

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We had an instance illustrating this on friday. A T34 moved to end adjacent to an enemy squad with a paneer 4 nearby. He ends his movement with the turret facing the rear to face the squad and side aspect to the panzer 4. He fires the cmg to encircle the squad then turns and fires the big at the panzer 4 to get front hull facing, then turns and fires the MA (hoping not to malfunction) at the panzer 4 to have front turret aspect.
He needed to roll an attack with the BIG but could have forgone the MA attack if he wished as it would have been an improbable hit.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What I am trying to say (possibly successfully?) is that an unfired BMG allows one to change VCA. Such a CA change would only be for the VCA and the orientation of the TCA to VCA would not change in such an event.

I agree with Wayne completely, and I think thats what I said....of course it is a 2nd language for me....
Got it! What threw me off Jazz was your definitive "Not at all" to changing the TCA using the bmg. The word "relative" is the key here.