Changes to GS Forum

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
The EU is an organisation, not a country.Just like the UK is a nation, not a country. Your flag will come, patience grasshopper.
'A country is a geographical grouping of people united under a common government. A nation is a group of people united by a single culture and set of traditions'
If the guy running this site reckons he cannot allow Scotland to be given a flag/mention in case the Americans want state flags- his words as he put it makes the 4 nations akin to American states ergo under his interpretation as we in Britain are part of the European Union then all member countries should get the euro flag, yes?? I do not want that either but that was his logic. I really do not take kindly when somebody tries to tell me about our own country, !

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The EU is an organisation, not a country.Just like the UK is a nation, not a country. Your flag will come, patience grasshopper.
'A country is a geographical grouping of people united under a common government. A nation is a group of people united by a single culture and set of traditions'
By your definition of a country the UK is a country.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
One carry-over question for the old format that I'm still trying to resolve:
When a post ages over a month, it appears to be automatically marked "Read" and the bold setting of the thread title is turned off. Is there a setting that I can change to prevent this from happening?

Incidentally, I'm liking Option 1 (blue highlights) for display preference instead of Option 3 (orange), the lower contrast is easier on the eyes.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
One carry-over question for the old format that I'm still trying to resolve:
When a post ages over a month, it appears to be automatically marked "Read" and the bold setting of the thread title is turned off. Is there a setting that I can change to prevent this from happening?
Not that I have found.

GeorgeBates said:
Incidentally, I'm liking Option 1 (blue highlights) for display preference instead of Option 3 (orange), the lower contrast is easier on the eyes.
I like #4 myself.