CH38 ORANGE BEACH 3

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice write-up Michael. It's a shame the scenario appears to be so unbalanced.
There's a couple in the PeleLiu HASL (If that's where this also came from) that are seriously imbalanced but still a blast to play. Curtis Brooks & I played "Here Come The Jap Tanks" and though we both agree it's largely pro-Japanese we had a grand time playing it. That big honking IJA Mortar was a beast! Chesty took the full impact of that one. At least in our history it ended his career then & there.:eek:o_O

Last edited:

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ouch! That was tough sledding for the marines. If they ever got that far, I would interpret SSR 1 as meaning that the LVTs can't enter a hinterland hex unless they are fully loaded. The words "with a PP capability " must have some kind of significance. If the intention of the SSR was that they couldn't enter hinterland hexes at all, I think that it would just say that. Difficult to follow the rationale behind it though. Presumably the scenario designer wanted to encourage the US player to ensure that the LVTs use all of their PP capacity?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
There is already this:

G14.232 RECALL: Each LC/amphibian with a Passenger capacity is immediately Recalled when no Passenger unit capable of unloading by itself is aboard it. All Passenger units aboard each ATTACKER amphibian that begins the MPh in a Hinterland hex must take one combined TC at some point (of the owning player's choice) in that MPh [EXC: they must take it while in a Hinterland hex]. This Passenger TC is taken even if the amphibian is TI/Shocked/Stunned etc.; and is resolved as a single NTC (Δ) for all Passengers aboard that amphibian, using the highest current Morale Level among them (and basing that Morale Level on their Good Order side unless all of those Passengers are broken). If that NTC is failed, the amphibian is immediately Recalled.

Its possible the SSR is trying to disallow the LVT(A)2, but not the LVT(A)4.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think that is right. I hadn't realised that there were LVTs that didn't have PP capacity.