CH 'Night Lite' rules

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does anyone know anything about the above? - i'm sure there was some reference to this 'rule' in one of CH's modules. Where could i get hold of these?

Any information much appreciated

Dave Lamb

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I came up with the concept (back in Total Axis Pack, IIRC). Since then, Ray Tapio has used it in just about every product he puts out.

Essentially it comes down to something like this: "Night Rules are in effect [EXC: there is no Scenario Defender or Attacker
(i.e. rules E1.2, 1.4 are NA)]. The Base NVR is [X], with a [full moon] and [overcast]."

It pretty much does away with Scenario Defender HIP and No Moves, and Attacker Cloaking. My intent was to represent an already ongoing battle at night, not a surprise attack, first round. Tapio has since used it in almost all night scenarios, as he perceives most players avoiding playing with full night rules.

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I came up with the concept (back in Total Axis Pack, IIRC). Since then, Ray Tapio has used it in just about every product he puts out.

Essentially it comes down to something like this: "Night Rules are in effect [EXC: there is no Scenario Defender or Attacker
(i.e. rules E1.2, 1.4 are NA)]. The Base NVR is [X], with a [full moon] and [overcast]."

It pretty much does away with Scenario Defender HIP and No Moves, and Attacker Cloaking. My intent was to represent an already ongoing battle at night, not a surprise attack, first round. Tapio has since used it in almost all night scenarios, as he perceives most players avoiding playing with full night rules.
Which I'd say is ironic, because in my experience Cloaking and No Move are some of the easiest parts of the Night rules to grasp, and HIP is just HIP.

But hey, it's Tapio. (Does kind of make me wonder how ATS handles night, but not enough to try it to find out.)

John

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Night rules are not bad, not great but they do work, barely. In a CG, I think Night Rules work better vs a normal scenario.

Scott

jwb3

Just this guy, you know?
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's an interesting comment, especially since some people avoid CGs that have the possibility of night scenarios (or, in the case of RB, just avoid having Russian night attacks).

Any idea what it is about CGs and Night that makes you feel that way?

John