CH Jerusalem map

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Has this ever been created? If so where could I find it?

First or second edition would be great.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Dear Don

Sry Pete and I have not done one (any actually of Arab - Israeli) - I want to but he has become entrapped in converting other games to VASL and does not put any time into the best game of all - Sorry cant shift him back at present

Rob :)

General Mayhem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes it would but its an awful lot of work. FYI the reason for the lack of effort on my part re CH maps is not quite as portrayed by Rob above, it is as follows:

I used to hand draw CH maps in Vasl colours using scans of maps - this process would take me several weeks per map. I would then send them to Ray Tapio and request permission to make them available, sometimes here communication would break down and this could either take a day or several weeks.

Then one day Ray sent me an original map file and asked if that would help the process. Using the original map files I could do a map in CH colours in about 30 minutes. So after that I did not ever want to go back to my old method. The problem was that after a period of time when I received quite a few map files from Ray comms broke down (for whatever reason- one has to understand that Vaslising of maps may not be the highest priority for his workload) and the feed of map files dried up.

It was at this point that I got diverted into creating Vassal modules for all my old Wargamer and S and T magazine games.

However recently comms have been restored and Ray has been providing me with some map files again, one of which is the Jerusalem map. I am working on an extension for the counters, but this will take time.

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Can't wait to see your fine work! I think this is a very interesting topic and for some reason I have been interested in the Israelis from 1948-1973 battles. Also, just started digging into the Vietnam era and there are many brave hero's from that war despite the political and home front (aka the shameful hippies and pot smoking acid dropping peace freaks) reaction back then.

A lot of brave men.