CH items

MRT

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey guys,

As a completest, I've been entertaining thoughts of three of the Critical Hit 4-8 week "crafted for you" items, specifically Russian Rarities 2, Sealed Fate & Maxim Gorki. Having never purchased items described this way before, can someone please tell me whether they will actually turn up in 8 weeks or so, or whether that really means the items are still under development (and God alone knows when they'll turn up)???

If anyone has actually ordered and received these items, I would really appreciate a product description - having re-read MP's review of RR1, I know its a risk...

Finally, has anybody bought VV120 yet? The website doesn't tell you anything about the ASL content except there is some, so before parting with my dollars, it would be nice to know a tad more about the included scenarios...

any help greatly appreciated,

MRT

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say, let pitman spend his money on their stuff and see what he says, what does this CH stuff look like and so on. In regards to CH items, I think pitmans opinion is very well founded and received. All I can say is buyer beware when purchasing ch items.

Scott

Hey guys,

As a completest, I've been entertaining thoughts of three of the Critical Hit 4-8 week "crafted for you" items, specifically Russian Rarities 2, Sealed Fate & Maxim Gorki. Having never purchased items described this way before, can someone please tell me whether they will actually turn up in 8 weeks or so, or whether that really means the items are still under development (and God alone knows when they'll turn up)???

If anyone has actually ordered and received these items, I would really appreciate a product description - having re-read MP's review of RR1, I know its a risk...

Finally, has anybody bought VV120 yet? The website doesn't tell you anything about the ASL content except there is some, so before parting with my dollars, it would be nice to know a tad more about the included scenarios...

MRT

MRT

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
yes, read you loud and clear as to Caveat Emptor when it comes to CH stuff...

cheers, mate!

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey guys,

MRT
Olli (Oliver) might be able to give you some comments about the newest CH stuff.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hey guys,

MRT
My advice is to buy things you want to play instead of buying everything because it has ASL on it. You'll save a lot of money.

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Hi

In VV120 you have one ASL scenario designed by Philippe Naud. It takes place during the fight for the Colmar Pocket in eastern France at the end of 1944 / beginning of 1945.

Lionel

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hey guys,

MRT
Ok I have ordered these and at present are shipping. These are all new items, they went on preorder in November/ December and have taken around 17 weeks. Russian rareties is a bit of a misdirector as it covers most rocket firing units of most nations that use them hence "rockets red glare" but also has several Russian rareties. Maxim Gorki is he german attack on the Maxim Gorki batteries at Sevastopol with several new counter types of vehicles, ,sealed fate has the poles getting their own counters and some vehicles not in the counter mix. As said above by people , buyer beware . They are not everybodies favourites to say the least and you may find they need errata etc the maps are always good but of limited use beyond the packs they come in, they new styl counters are usually of good quality but some times have the wrong things on the reverse. Until all the latest batch arrives I cannot say more at the moment.i would wait before ordering, let myself or mark give more details. Rays idea is to get new stuff out within the time frame then possibly print to order afterwards but do not quote me on that. Hope the helps !

MRT

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
thanks for the advice... guess I should keep my powder dry!

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
thanks for the advice... guess I should keep my powder dry!
100% and as has been stated, wait, CH stuff is very hit n miss, I have several modules, but purely as the era/front covered is appealing to me, but I got mine by waiting, full price CH kit is stupid price full stop.

Ask around, bide your time and you can grab what you want for a good price.