CH Hill of Blood: Mamayev Kurgan

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Real thanks for getting Maxim Gorki into VASL.

I looked at it's download point and didn't see the above in there.

Wondered if there were any plans to do a VASL treatment of it.

I have the old OAF treatment and made a VASL map of it, printed it out, then recently got CH's
HASL.

Anybody played it? Liked/disliked it?

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have the real thing as it were, it is um, shall we say typical GH 'Oh it is based on a Historical place/battle', that is all I can say about it, it does not IMHO capture the 'feel' of the fighting over the Kurgan/Hill102, Scenarios are really not that inspiring either.
The Map could be a hill anywhere to be honest, it is too small an area to 'feel' like Hill 102, except the Railways in the south East corner there is nothing to link it to the 'Grad'
I can not really advise folk to buy it (got mine cheap, but I still feel somewhat robbed).

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi
I don't remember playing it but I will see If I bought it, dig it out and do a Map with Pete if I have it

Have you played any Maxim Gorki yet
Scenario #1 was a good intro into the terrain and the openness of this battlefield but Scenario #2 is really for those who love Arty - talk about blow the brains out of the enemy - its a really hard one to get anything started on since the Arty really dominates the whole game - that may actually depict the reality but its really not one I can see many being appealed to

I am moving on to a playing of the fort since I love Pete's drop down Overlay so I will tell you how that went as well

If you ever want a PBEM partner let me know - There are a few CH scenarios that I want to explore and Pete no longer does as many as he used to

Rob :)