Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ya, that Journal 9 and AP 6 and 7 are a problem play balance wise, but hey, its ASL, so we buy them to support MMP.

Scott
Just because you suck too much to play a competent game of ASL does not mean the product is broken.

Current ROAR:

--- Action Pack 6: A decade of war ---
Far From Home [AP53] Spain (Republican) 20 Spain (Nationalist) 26 (44/56):These results don't surprise me as the Republican side is much harder to play.

800 Heroes [AP54] Japanese 10 Chinese 14 (42/58): Chinese are defending and the Japanese have thier work cut out for them. The Japanese are much more difficult to play...this one is not a difficult scenario however.

The Generalissimo's Own [AP55] Japanese 16 Chinese 11 (59/41): The Chinese are attacking a tough foe and it will take every bit of a player's game savvy to figure this one out on the first playing.

Quagmire [AP56] Chinese 3 Japanese 6 (33/67): The Japanese have the initiative, the Chinese have a tough decision to make and most players will try to stand and hold everywhere...this is not the way to go here.

Kleckerweise [AP57] German 21 French 15 (58/42) (Gomer Holst claims French can't win this one): Kleckerweise is a tough scenario for the French player until he sweats out the Turn 5 sudden death...after that it's the Germans time to sweat. Once players understand that the Germans MUST take the town and the hills if they don't win on Turn 5 it becomes very tense.

Sat Sri Akal! [AP58] Japanese 4 British 11 (27/73): I've stated that the Japanese should add a leader and 4-4-8 to the OB..this one is unbalanced.

Taking Heads [AP59] Japanese 11 American 14 (44/56): The Filipinos have enough tools to make this hard on an overconfident Japanese player.

Nishne, Nyet! [AP60] German 13 Russian 12 (52/48) (Gomer claims Germans are too tough in this): The Russians need to play a well planned fighting withdrawal, taking as many Germans out as a successful withdrawal will allow. The Germans have a heavy CVP that can end it all for them if they are overly aggressive...and they must be somewhat aggressive. It's this tightrope over a pit of commie alligators that makes Nishne a tough one.

Desobry Defiant [AP61] American 14 German 14 (50/50) (Gomer claims US can't win here): The US has a lot of tools and the Germans have a large job to tackle here. Successful US ambushes and delays are the key. The German player MUSt push hard, the time limit is not as generous as it might appear at first glance.

Shouting Into the Storm [AP62] German 24 Russian 29 (45/55) (Gomer claims the Germans will crush the life out of the Russians here): Getting into the mix and isolating the two russian VC buildings early is very important for the Germans, but contrary to Gomer's claims the Russians can and will hurt an overconfident German.

Gomer, you have zero credibility with ASL analysis and play. What you do have is a bug up your ass with MMP, and you've decided that I now fall into that category, so you have added another bug up your ass....you're just lucky you're a big enough ass to have room for plenty more.

Last edited:

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least I am willing to try MMP scenarios and give them the benifit of the doubt.
So you got the extra cash to gamble on every product out there.

I don't...

I did recently take a chance on a TPP product and was pleasantly surprised. However, even if I was of a mind to start buying TPP products again I wouldn't spend a penny for a CH product. I have no intention of supporting the business activities of a lying scumbag.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My above post was enough for Cherper to give me an infraction for insulting another member. Methinks he cares for me naught.
Perhaps he should scan the posts where Holst insults my appearance 'buscuit boy' and threatens to kick my ass...as laughable as that might be.

Double standard at play?

Lack of objectivity?

Of course it is.

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My above post was enough for Cherper to give me an infraction for insulting another member. Methinks he cares for me naught.
Perhaps he should scan the posts where Holst insults my appearance 'buscuit boy' and threatens to kick my ass...as laughable as that might be.

Double standard at play?

Lack of objectivity?

Of course it is.
You're not anybody around here until Cherper has has given you an infraction.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Seriously, are you calling AZslim a "hater"? You got to be freaking kidding...that is just stupid! There isn't anyone on this forum that is less of a "hater" (of any type) than AZslim.
It seems to me that he is now in the CH hater group.....:D

nothing against the guy. I like gaming and talkig with AZSLIM and am looking forward to our ASLOK game.....:smoke:

The point of my post is that I just do not understand why people buy CH products knowing they are probably not going to like it.

Peace

Roger

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
So you got the extra cash to gamble on every product out there.

I don't...

I did recently take a chance on a TPP product and was pleasantly surprised. However, even if I was of a mind to start buying TPP products again I wouldn't spend a penny for a CH product. I have no intention of supporting the business activities of a lying scumbag.
May I ask which one?

IMO current BFP and LFT products do indeed represent very good value for your ASL $.

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Ah Cherper infractions. Bit like a gang tattoo, really. I really like the way the posts now get a little red card at the bottom.

I got mine for telling Dorosh to pull his head in and STFU. In pictures. I'd link you to it, but I'd probably get another one as a result.

Personally, I'm repping Fort as soon as its legal to do so. Nothing he said was any worse than what Scott "banned for life for continuous infringements" Holst has done to several people - in addition, he was only pointing out the complete bollocks that Scott was talking about AP6.

Oh dear. I said bollocks. I'm probably in trouble again.