CH Errata

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Write Ray and pose your question in yes no format. He really prefers either 1 word answers or sometimes Socratic dialogues...I once got two scenarios revised while he was on a fishing charter!
Why not purchase a quality ASL product from a reputable ASL vendor such as MMP, LFT or BFP, and bypass all the nonsense that comes with dealing with Critical Hit?
Have you ever purchased anything from MMP, LFT or BFP?
Have you ever played anything from MMP, LFT or BFP?
You're just a... a gamer, right?
(snickers)
Just like me?

Last edited:

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I feel your pain dude, a couple of years back I purchased my last CH product, Hue, what a hot steaming load of crap that was. Awesome looking map but no substance what so ever. Thankfully I am not a completist, collector or a hoarder so I can let many products just slide by without a glance.

Scott
Do you have Critical Hit's Tarawa? I don't have CH's Hue. I almost bought Hue, but got Tarawa instead. I took a shot, thinking I could get my Tarawa fix for less $$$$ than MMP's Tarawa for $400.00 on ebay.

Boy, did I get terrible value for my money. CH's Tarawa is absolute junk. As the OP said of Critical Hit's "Hue", Critical Hit's Tarawa has the same problem... nice map (except the panels, which are terrible to work with - don't let Duh Ratt's hyperbole throw you off). None of the scenarios could possibly have been playtested, and they are full of errata. One of them supposedly represents the Marines landing, yet allows all the USMC units that start on land, to set up not only behind Japanese lines, but also behind every Japanese unit.

Looking back on my purchase of Critical Hit's "Tarawa", I would have been better off just giving the money to Duh Ratt and NOT receiving the game. The money I can make again - but, the bad times I suffered through with CH's garbage-can retread of "Tarawa", I can never get back. Way to go, CH!!! Onwards - and downwards... just when you thought the bar couldn't get any lower...

Contact CH and ask for errata corrections? Sure - the clown tells you to change whatever you need to change to make the game work.

If you have CH's Tarawa, I'd be curious to hear your impressions.

Super Bowl? College Bowl games? Your copy of Critical Hit's "Hue" vs. my copy of Critical Hit's "Tarawa" - we could have our own ASL "Critical Hit's Toilet Bowl" showdown - the worst of the worst - Critical Hit's "Hue" vs Critical Hit's Tarawa" - which one is more full of sh!t???

Anyway, sorry to hear of your negative Critical Hit "Hue" experience.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of the Hue scenarios had large playing areas but the actual fight only took place in a small parts of the map. The scenarios were usually a crushing victory for the Marines who had no problem cleaning the VC's clocks. I expected an unplaytested product but boy was it bad, very lop sided situations most of the time. As I have said before, buyer beware with CH quality.

As I asked before, which Hue scenario are you hung up on?

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many of the Hue scenarios had large playing areas but the actual fight only took place in a small parts of the map. The scenarios were usually a crushing victory for the Marines who had no problem cleaning the VC's clocks. I expected an unplaytested product but boy was it bad, very lop sided situations most of the time. As I have said before, buyer beware with CH quality.
So Hue from CH is as bad as Hue from the Cleveland Browns?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The reason the Marine forces are so strong in most of the scenarios in Hue is because they need that advantage to pin and engage the NVA forces, who have enhanced mobility, are better able to take advantage of terrain, and are harder to identify due to the combination of hidden setup and suspect marker rules. The Marines can seize any hex on the huge map, but unless the NVA plays to hold ground it is almost impossible for the Marine player to win by enemy casualties alone.
Playing the NVA nimbly requires some experience. In a skirmish with victory determined solely by enemy casualties the Marines need considerable squad and heavy Weapon advantage to win.

Last edited: