CH Errata

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
does critical hit have an errata page? Im setting up a scenario and it seems designed wrong....

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
does critical hit have an errata page?
They used to, before they redesigned their web page and *poof!* all of the errata disappeared, so clearly, there isn't any, and all of the products are perfect just as they are.

To be honest, I don't even know if this is a better or worse policy than those of, say, MMP [a comprehensive errata page for ASL that is kept updated ... sometimes ... but ASLSK is obviously a perfect product that needs no errata, ever (just ignore the new versions of the rulebook that keep getting printed with updates and revisions from the previous versions, because there's no way information like that should be available to existing customers)]; or Schwerpunkt ["We would probably publish errata on our web page, if we had one, which we don't, and there's just nowhere else that the publisher of a periodical could put that sort of information."].

Im setting up a scenario and it seems designed wrong....
Too easy!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
http://www.tactical-level-gaming.com/CH_CLAR_Errata.html

Or you can wait for a reprint, which may or may not contain errata, renaming of the scenario, edited (or not edited) text, added or deleted OOB info, updated, lost, recently submitted, and dug out from the archives, fixed, patched, resold, renamed, repackaged, reprinted, reversioned, revamped (?), revised, regurgitated and/or rehashed, repriced with or without updates, maps, counters, deluxe'ed, monster'ed, fixed or unfixed or just left for general interpretation, debates or attempted to be played by you and your buddy...

Take your pick.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Write Ray and pose your question in yes no format. He really prefers either 1 word answers or sometimes Socratic dialogues...I once got two scenarios revised while he was on a fishing charter!

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The version I got lists:

OBJECTIVES: The French win immediately by amassing >= 6 EVP of good Order Personnel and Exiting >= 2 AFVS with functioning MA from the east edge. No French unit may exit prior to Turn 2.

French Setup:
Elements of 6th Company and CRME 67th Regiment, 3rd DIM set up in/adjacent to hex V21 (see SR #4):
Elements of 45th BCC enter on Turn 2 from the east edge on/adjacent ot hex BB20

German Setup:
Elements of IRGD set up >= 3 hexes away from hex V21 [EXC: see SR #3]:

SCENARIO RULES:
  1. All SHSR are in effect. The Time of Day is AMb. The Friendly Map Edges for the Germans are the north and west edges; east for the French.
  2. French MTRs may not set up Emplaced/HlP.
  3. All foxholes in the German OB must setup in woods hexes[EXC: Foxholes provided by the German variation may setup anywhere within the German setup area.] All German MMC may begin play marked with a -1 Labor counter( i.e., to assist in deepening their foxholes).
  4. All French infantry units in eligible terrain may set up IN foxholes.
Talk about some screwy setup SSRs (3 & 4)...

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Write Ray and pose your question in yes no format. He really prefers either 1 word answers or sometimes Socratic dialogues...I once got two scenarios revised while he was on a fishing charter!
Last time I wrote him about scenario errata- he had my opponent and I suggest the errata fix required for the scen, then he published it. So it might just be better to figure it out on your own.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The version I got lists:

OBJECTIVES: The French win immediately by amassing >= 6 EVP of good Order Personnel and Exiting >= 2 AFVS with functioning MA from the east edge. No French unit may exit prior to Turn 2.

French Setup:
Elements of 6th Company and CRME 67th Regiment, 3rd DIM set up in/adjacent to hex V21 (see SR #4):
Elements of 45th BCC enter on Turn 2 from the east edge on/adjacent ot hex BB20

German Setup:
Elements of IRGD set up >= 3 hexes away from hex V21 [EXC: see SR #3]:

SCENARIO RULES:
  1. All SHSR are in effect. The Time of Day is AMb. The Friendly Map Edges for the Germans are the north and west edges; east for the French.
  2. French MTRs may not set up Emplaced/HlP.
  3. All foxholes in the German OB must setup in woods hexes[EXC: Foxholes provided by the German variation may setup anywhere within the German setup area.] All German MMC may begin play marked with a -1 Labor counter( i.e., to assist in deepening their foxholes).
  4. All French infantry units in eligible terrain may set up IN foxholes.
Talk about some screwy setup SSRs (3 & 4)...
SSR 4 seems fine. Balance seems it may be a huge problem, if the French AFVs enter on turn two and can exit on the same turn for win, they only need face German DFF fire for a few MP's each ( on the map, stop reverse, off the map, do it twice without losses and win.). Let me guess. The scenario lasts 2 game turns, right? You can rank this one up with "Jabo!".

;)

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my guess is the only thing to make it hard would be 6 EVP of good order "personnel" (assuming this is "infantry".) Otherwise, you can just take the rest of the AFVs park them on the board edge, and jump out and walk 2 EVP off for the "personnel" part.

1545143823376.png

Here's the play area for the scen. The French Personnel set up IN/adjacent to V21, IN Foxholes. They must exit to the right. The Germans have nothing that can take out the H39's. German fohxholes (empty), per SSR 3 can set up within 2 hexes of V21 but everyone else sets up at least 3 hexes away and the 3 H39s come in at BB219,BB20 or BB21. The germans only have 3 foxholes, and everyone else only sets up unconcealed, with a -1 labor counter if desired. (per SSR 4.)

and they only have 10 squads to stop the run off map - the French, if they abandon the last H39 crew to get the 2 EVP for that personnel, only need 4 EVP of a total of At Start 13 EVP to survive the run. The only thing the H39's need fear is hand grenades from a 468 led by the only German - LDRM leader (an 8-1).

Yep, this one's over in two turns, one way or the other.

:)

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOS from V21 to W23 is blocked by that itty bit of green. The way they did the Woods is interesting and has its merits, but ultimately you also have to do quality control.

Unless of course the real map doesn't look that way. In which case, never mind :)

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Sounds like the fix is to only count exiting inf squads. The H39 crewscwould be subject to courtsmartial for abandoning their vehicle to the enemy.