CH Annual No 4 - A Overview Analysis

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
You kind of have to get used to that on Gamesquad it is not a place for warm and fuzzies. The ASL facebook forum is much more friendly, none the less it is a good place for information often from the people who know. It is like the old style forums from earlier in computer use.
I use both I'm on 3 or 4 FB groups too but I kind of expect adults to act adult at least in public because you never know who might log in.

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Selling a magazine and not giving a free one to someone who submitted quality content for it, is being fairly chicken sheet. I've seen guys being a lot more chicken sheet then that though. Still, I'd phone up his wife Maureen, and tell her you still haven't received your free mag promised to you by Ray and I bet you get it in a week. <G>
See calling his wife is an adult way of dealing with it. Actually kind of fun way.

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
I have always felt that one should never say anything online that they would not have wanted to be posted on a billboard on the side of a busy freeway.
I also believe you should never post anything about someone you couldn't or wouldn't say to their face. too bad some people would say these things.

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
His sock puppets have been tag-teaming this forum for quite some time.
Not sure what a tapio is but I am nobody's "sock puppet" All opinions are mine and the result of 50 + years of hard living and hard learned lessons.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I disagree, if one method of redress is not working then perhaps it is time to explore another method. There is nothing wrong with publically exposing a company's business practice that one believes is not ethical. It is up to the reader as to how they take it. Of course, given the nature of many businesses, it is always wise to have everything in writing and a recording of all phone calls.
I'd agree with Mike on this. This is a personal private matter between him and Tapio and I'm a firm believer in the notion there are two sides to every dispute and one should hear both before making making a judgment. The person in question is obviously not a babe in the woods nor was a first time contributor unwise to the way Tapio works regarding compensation. I have no personal experience with dealing with him, but my father did and found him to be more than fair generous regarding his compensation for the work he contributed. Plus it is likely the elephant in the room, if his posts are any indication, the poster in question does seem to be a bit... umm.. unstable. In a good way perhaps, his posts are a hoot to read haha

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course he should, I find them entertaining to read, but it doesn't change the fact this was private matter and most adults are adult enough to keep them private and if he is called out on that as he was and acting like a 5 year old, well, that comes with again bringing it up in the first place and in the manner he did.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course he should, I find them entertaining to read, but it doesn't change the fact this was private matter and most adults are adult enough to keep them private and if he is called out on that as he was and acting like a 5 year old, well, that comes with again bringing it up in the first place and in the manner he did.
but your not going to make a judgement...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The relationship between Scott and Ray is a complex thing.
From unconditional support to deep resentment, to measured critic to outspoken hostility.
When that level of passion is involved, it can be difficult to keep a conflict private. Ideally, it should, but we are human beings.
In the present case, I would say that Scott's problem with Ray Tapio illustrates the ongoing conflicts between the latter and many designers and customers.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
but your not going to make a judgement...
on what? Observations are not judgments. As noted above, we are only getting one side of the dispute and Mike had a valid point on how Scott is reacting to this, like a child. I tend to be wary of the notion of Darth Tapio fucking over poor innocent Scotty. I understand that for many of you Tapio is the devil and preys on the ignorant and stupid. Scott was neither in this case.

Scott as a long time contributor surely knew of that of the type of compensation offered. Most certainly would have been aware of the LACK of it well prior to this particular episode. I suspect here he wanted something other than what Tapio offers normally and he got his nose seriously out of joint when he didn't get it.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would say that Scott's problem with Ray Tapio illustrates the ongoing conflicts between the latter and many designers
In that there is likely something, the ex-CH contributor list is a long and often distinguished one. I'd suspect there is a reason for that. However I don't think it is compensation. I think CH is a captain and crew operation, a 'my way or the highway' kind of thing. I know my father fell out with him over such things.

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not private if you want to make it public. Your beef with Scott's actions is private, so by your logic, your actions are therefore ...... QED.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not private if you want to make it public. Your beef with Scott's actions is private, so by your logic, your actions are therefore ...... QED.

I ain't hip to the lingo man.. QED? but I'll finish the sentence for you there bro.

... as public as I choose to make them.