CH and copyright

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see that CH is now producing ROUT packs wondering if these are Rout Report reprints, and if this is legal....Kurt Martin are you listening?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who knows, Kurt dropped out of the Hobby ages ago. I am also sure this thread will get punted into the CH folder too.

I see that CH is now producing ROUT packs wondering if these are Rout Report reprints, and if this is legal....Kurt Martin are you listening?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
CH have been reprinting (and re-reprinting, and re-re-reprinting) Rout Report scenarios since almost day 1, and KM sold his ASL soul to Tapio a long, long time ago. What's the story here?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
CH have been reprinting (and re-reprinting, and re-re-reprinting) Rout Report scenarios since almost day 1, and KM sold his ASL soul to Tapio a long, long time ago. What's the story here?
Ray got permission back in the 90's to print the Rout pack scenarios, old news. No need to dig it up again, he still has the rights to print these !

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
And On All Fronts. Recently CH has been republishing old Tactiques scenarios but not sure if they bought those also.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
And On All Fronts. Recently CH has been republishing old Tactiques scenarios but not sure if they bought those also.
Am sure the same applies to the tactiques ones as the same to OAF and Rout report

Last edited:

Futbol

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i did not know Kurt allowed this just finding out.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
CH came through and printed issues of Taciques for the designer when his printer went Belly Up. Hence this month's Euro series for ASL.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
CH came through and printed issues of Taciques for the designer when his printer went Belly Up. Hence this month's Euro series for ASL.
Which again is scenario regurgitation another reprint of a reprint of a reprint with possibly minor changes.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Preserving and passing onward classic scenarios for ASL that MMP doesn't have the resources to rescue.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
A recent example is the Stalingrad map used in Basic Game 1 Stalingrad, which was originally an On All Fronts issue map. Those who didn't know that CH owned the rights accused it of copyright infringement.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A recent example is the Stalingrad map used in Basic Game 1 Stalingrad, which was originally an On All Fronts issue map. Those who didn't know that CH owned the rights accused it of copyright infringement.
I doubt you want to go down the wormhole of what they've done right versus all the shady business practices they've engaged in. We get it, you're their number one fan who's used nearly all of his posts to promote the company.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I'm Avalanche Press's number one fan. I just admire Tapio's determination and flexibility as a publisher.

Defending ATS here would be as futile as defending ASL at the ATS FB page. Just trying to keep the discussion factual.

Last edited:

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
No the problem was that the map was almost a straight copy of somebody else's map work who had no link with OAF