CGIII initial victory conditions

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe it's a translation issue but...

CG III initial scenario victory condition reads land control & "... have amassed >= 17 CG VP more than the French" NOTE: This is different than in the rule book which reads "...has earns >= 18 VP more than the French at scenario end" I will read earns as earned.

So the numbers are different but also it's not clear what the intent is. I count 103 VP on map (maybe I missed one, not sure using VASL) which the French control the entire map at start (except for the Road) so I have the Germans controlling 7 at start and the French 96 (or so).

Does AMASSED or EARNS mean just the ones that change hands in this scenario? (say Germans get to 7+17 (or 18) without losing any?

Or

TOTAL control at the end? (i.e. 60 German vs. French 43 for a win?)

So ignoring exit and casualties how many MAP VP does the German need to win scenario one in CGIII? 24, 25, 60 or 61? :)

lionelc62

Reaction score
First name
Lionel
Country
llFrance
Maybe it's a translation issue but...

CG III initial scenario victory condition reads land control & "... have amassed >= 17 CG VP more than the French" NOTE: This is different than in the rule book which reads "...has earns >= 18 VP more than the French at scenario end" I will read earns as earned.

So the numbers are different but also it's not clear what the intent is. I count 103 VP on map (maybe I missed one, not sure using VASL) which the French control the entire map at start (except for the Road) so I have the Germans controlling 7 at start and the French 96 (or so).

Does AMASSED or EARNS mean just the ones that change hands in this scenario? (say Germans get to 7+17 (or 18) without losing any?

Or

TOTAL control at the end? (i.e. 60 German vs. French 43 for a win?)

So ignoring exit and casualties how many MAP VP does the German need to win scenario one in CGIII? 24, 25, 60 or 61? :)
Yes it means just the one that will change hands during the scenario.

The scenario card is right.

Lionel