jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Suicide Creek answers will come later.

....Perry
MMP

In several of the MMP games (e.g. Pegasus Bridge, Kampfgruppe Peiper, Suicide Creek), strategic locations affect all non-strategic locations within two hexes for determining no-man's land and/or setup areas. Is there any requirement to trace some kind of route from the non-strategic location to the strategic location, e.g. of enterable hexes, or of enterable and not enemy strategic locations?​

No for PB and KGP.

In particular, on the Pegasus Bridge map assume that V20 is a strategic location (e.g. a glider landed there). Assume the British control all strategic locations east of the canal, and the Germans control all the strategic locations west of the canal as well as the bridge. Is hex V18 no-man's land because it is within two hexes of V20 (British-controlled) and W18 (German-controlled) despite the fact that it can only be reached on a path < 3 hexes long through the canal hex V19?​

Yes.

The Q9.6054 example on page Q10 indicates that hex AA21 is German setup area despite being within two hexes of British strategic location Y20. Is this correct?​

No; AA21 should be No-Mans-Land.

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
This question arose from Suicide Creek, where the stream divides setup areas. Some players feel that the "zone of control" for strategic locations that generates no-man's land is blocked by the stream or by enemy strategic locations, etc. I am not of that opinion, but I couldn't find a sufficiently convincing rule. In my review of similar rules I found that there were some questionable cases in other CGs, so I posed the broader question to Perry.

JR