CG III Red Barricades

Discussion in 'ASL After Action Reports' started by Melvin Falk, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Eagle4ty

Eagle4ty Active Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Eau Claire, Wi
    Well, got me re-reading the CH O rules at least (now if I can talk one of my buddies into having another go at RB)!:thumbsup: Had to do a double think on the HIP for Roadblocks as the RB SSR says "../entrenchments.." which are Fortifications same as Roadblocks, but the rule only calls out entrenchments, not Fortifications to be set up revealed (sneaky rules buggers). Great catch as I'm not sure if I ever remember noticing the difference in wording.

BTW have you tried using Permanent Marker pens [EX: Staedtler Lumocolor or Sharpie Markers] for adapting counters? They seem to work quite well and hold up for a very long time with relatively heavy use of counters (I play FtF at least once a week, almost every week, and have done so for about the last 10 years).

Good Stuff, really enjoy following the game!

Melvin Falk likes this.
  2. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Yes I have tried out the pen you describe and it works fine with them also.

3. Bob Miller

Bob Miller Active Member

Jul 29, 2005
    Chicago
    Which side set up first and moved first in the Dual Attack for the 5th battle date ? From what I can recall I only played one night battle in all the RBs CGs I have played. Never have I seen a dual attack where after set up the random selection as to who goes first. I would imagine that would be an interesting dynamic on the CG.

4. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Hi, the Russians set up first and moved first, and entered with 24 squads and 8 Leaders leading them straight to glory and death.

5. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Summary of the first 5 Days, 17/10 -21/10

German OB: 26 Leaders. Total Sq-eq 112.
    6x Rifle Coy = 69x 467. 3x Sturm Coy= 36x 548
    Hvy W pltn, 4x Pak 40 , 3x INF 75, 1x INF 150.
    Pz IIIL pltn, StuG IIIB pltn. SPW pltn.

Russian OB: 25 Leaders. Total Sq-eq 171.5.
    7x Rifle Coy = 75x 447. 4x Militia Coy = 60x 426. 3x SMG Coy = 25x 527. 1x Gds SMG Coy 9x 628.
    1x MOL-P pltn, 2x AT 45LL. T-70 pltn

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  6. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Remaining OB after 5 Days of combat

German OB: 12 Leaders. Total Sq-eq 36
    24x Elite, 6x 1st/2nd Line, 12x Crews.
    1x GrW34, 3x Pak 40 , 3x INF 75, 1x INF 150.
    1x Pz IIIL, 1x StuG IIIB pltn, 2x SPW 251/1.
    19 SWs: 1x HMG, 8x MMG, 7x LMG, 3x Lt MTR,

Russian OB: 12 Leaders. Total Sq-eq 39.5.
    1x Elite, 24.5x 1st Line, 14x Conscripts.
    1x AT 45LL. 19 SWs: 4x MMG, 6x LMG, 5x ATR, 2x Lt MTR, 2x MOL-P.

German Total Losses:
    76x Sq-eq, 6x AFVs, 2x Guns

Russians Total Losses:
    132x Sq-eq, 3x AFVs, 1x Gun.

7. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
  8. Eagle4ty

Eagle4ty Active Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Eau Claire, Wi
    Looks as if the Russians are in a bind by about one day, especially in the area of the Commissar's House.

I see you incorporated Gutted Buildings in a similar fashion to FB as well (same here). If you are like me and play RB as much to experience the game as much as a competitive experience, here's a small HR we added to one of our playings.Its addition was of little real impact overall I believe, but added a bit of chrome and some interesting CG day abilities in a short run. Perhaps a candidate for the Leaflet HRs?:cool:

HR 11.621 RAT RUNS: During the Refit phase a side may purchase a Path through a Debris/Rubble location at the cost of 1FPP+COT. Movement along such a Path is 1MF. Paths are considered connected to Trenches/A-T Ditches (As per RB SSR6). Unlike movement through Trenches, a unit moving from a Trench through a "Rat Run" would lose concealment normally; whereas a concealed unit on a Rat Run could move directly into a connected Trench and retain concealment.

HR 11.621 PURCHASING FORTIFICATIONS:{Addition}
    FORTIFICATION PURCHASE TABLE
    Fortification Type FPP Cost
    Path (Rat Run) 1+COT

9. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Sounds interesting but I do think it will be to much chrome, lol.

10. bendizoid

bendizoid Official ***** Dickweed

Sep 11, 2006
    Viet Nam
    We just use conscripts to clear a path if it's a important rubble hex. Nice idea though.

11. Eagle4ty

Eagle4ty Active Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Eau Claire, Wi
    Yeah, we tried using a TB at first, but the intention was not to permit the eventual elimination of the TEM of a rubbled hex, but to allow increased movement opportunities trough such terrain. It became readily apparent when establishing trench lines connected to rubbled hexes and reading how they (Russians especially) used such paths through the rubbled city to rapidly move through areas that this was a possible approach to accomplish both tasks. Now after posting this and taking to my arch nemesis in RB Steve Rogers, our cost should have probably stated +1 & TEM as COT could vary based upon MF or MP. All in all we had a fun time utilizing it (and he stomped my butt again anyway!).:nod:

TimmyB likes this.
  12. Melvin Falk

Melvin Falk Fänrik

Oct 20, 2004
    East Front
    Report with pictures for CG day 9, 25/10 is now available.