CG III Red Barricades

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Wow, Stalingrad looks nice and pristine compared to my campaign. Also looks like the Germans are going to win this one very soon. The Russians should have been burning as many buildings down as possible but it looks like they didnt.
In post 8 it was explained to you that Kindling is NA.

Not many players play with burning down buildings strategy you must be the only one that have an AAR on the web with that boring rule in play that I know about, not even the AAR compiled by Charlie Kibler - the designer - bothered to mention it as a valid/historical strategy.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice AAR for your 20th day. Looks like the Germans are going to win this one. As for burning down the house, I think this is very relevant for the Russians, this is two fold, the Russians keep the Germans off the high ground and thus keep the deathstars at a minimum, secondly this will force the Germans to move more swiftly to take those those high ground positions before they burn down. Basically, the Russians wont be able to burn down everything but they might be able to keep some deathstars from unraveling russian positions with impunity.

Scott
In post 8 it was explained to you that Kindling is NA.

Not many players play with burning down buildings strategy you must be the only one that have an AAR on the web with that boring rule in play that I know about, not even the AAR compiled by Charlie Kibler - the designer - bothered to mention it as a valid/historical strategy.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Leftist house rules are not my cup of joe. I like playing RB straight up. Did try Melvins leftist house rules a few years ago and thought they really made it tough on the Germans.

The house rules have reduced the deathstar effect by removing most of the HMGs.