CdG 2nd Edition - components to play all scenarios...

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I miss the green elf dude avatar.
It was Snuffkin, a character of the Moomintroll books.
I will perhaps bring him back some day, but I wanted to use my true face for a time.

Last edited:

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Shuffling sleeved cards, if more cumbersome, avoids the risk of bending them.
I sleeved my UF cards with good, sturdy sleeves and they are doing fine.
Do remember what sleeves you bought?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I think they were Ultra-Pro.
I have had bad experiences with Mayday.
So better spend a little more money for good quality sleeves.
Ultra-Pro have a tiny silver logo, but it has no impact if you stick with that trademark.
Fantasy Flight are excellent too.

tailesin

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Well, old Cdg1 was a nice module with its proper french counters (useful not for just one or two scenarios), its proper scenarios (yes, they could be corrected if necessary and others added) its proper boards (used in at least some scenarios) and last but not least its proper overlays (used also in the scenarios propossed). A nice pack with no big mistakes.

Now we have plenty of counters, most of them of very limited use if any (it remembers me of Critical you know ), useful scenarios (that's true), boards you possibly don't want but not the ones you need to play the scenarios and no overlays you also need to play the scenarios included....
Yes you have a new campaign, not very apealing, that most of us will never play and that needs a lot of boring counters that probably could have been simulated in some other way....All in a quite pricy pack.

I am a compulsory buyer of all MMP's ASL material but, if this is the future policy....I don't want to buy maps and overlays in packs and have them 2 or 3 times.

Who knows what will happen with the itallians. I expect italian co-beligerant counters and RSI counters, and German equipped italians, no desert boards nor desert overlays but the desert scenarios included....and an Halam halfa minefield crossing campaign with thousands of mine counters needed....

phlegm027

Reaction score
Well, old Cdg1 was a nice module with its proper french counters (useful not for just one or two scenarios), its proper scenarios (yes, they could be corrected if necessary and others added) its proper boards (used in at least some scenarios) and last but not least its proper overlays (used also in the scenarios propossed). A nice pack with no big mistakes.

Now we have plenty of counters, most of them of very limited use if any (it remembers me of Critical you know ), useful scenarios (that's true), boards you possibly don't want but not the ones you need to play the scenarios and no overlays you also need to play the scenarios included....
Yes you have a new campaign, not very apealing, that most of us will never play and that needs a lot of boring counters that probably could have been simulated in some other way....All in a quite pricy pack.

I am a compulsory buyer of all MMP's ASL material but, if this is the future policy....I don't want to buy maps and overlays in packs and have them 2 or 3 times.

Who knows what will happen with the itallians. I expect italian co-beligerant counters and RSI counters, and German equipped italians, no desert boards nor desert overlays but the desert scenarios included....and an Halam halfa minefield crossing campaign with thousands of mine counters needed....
boy are you wrong.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

The maps that were in CdG are now in Yanks the boards that are now in CdG are not in a current product. It seems to me that is reasonable (Note I am not an owner of Yanks v2). If you do not own boards 39 and 40 they are available from MMP. I will admit the overlay is another issue. I think in this case that should be available from MMP as a printable download.

phlegm027

Reaction score
Bob said “Yes you have a new campaign, not very apealing, that most of us will never play and that needs a lot of boring counters that probably could have been simulated in some other way....All in a quite pricy pack.”

Pricey? I’ve paid more for a lot less. You make a valid point on the maps. It’s getting weird having 3 copies of bd43 and 32 and well you’re getting rules and counters to allow bridge building to be shown. The CG is the most interesting I have played. This from someone who likes night amphibious assaults vs defenders in caves in Jungle and night gliders.

I think MMP will have to make boards available for individual purchase. Eventually Doing overlay terrain type packs as well. but that’s up to them. I think CdG2 is a pretty good bang for your buck.
Give Dinant a try.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
MMP does make mapboards 1 - 52 available for separate purchase {see website for details}. As well as some of the ASLSK mapboards.
The main reason I purchased CdG 2d Ed, was to get the updated scenarios and to have some counters to cut and trim.
Don't play that much anymore, but still nice to have up-to-date equipment.

SimonC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Well, mine just arrived, via Second Chance Games (in shrink), without the scenario cards. I think those are pretty essential. Hopefully MMP and/or SCG will be able to sort this out quickly.

SimonC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Vicki, at the MMP office has already told me they’ll be posted out to me today, with a tracking number. Very impressive!