CCP Unveils DUST 514

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CCP Unveils DUST 514

Cologne, GERMANY, Game Developers Conference Europe – August 18, 2009 – CCP today revealed DUST 514™, a console-based hybrid MMO/FPS set within the EVE universe. The announcement, which included a video featuring gameplay footage, was made during a keynote address by CCP CEO Hilmar Veigar Petursson at the Game Developers Conference in Cologne, Germany.

http://www.eveonline.com/pressreleases/default.asp?pressReleaseID=60

Video presentation of DUST 514;
http://www.golem.de/0908/69136.html

This looks GREAT!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the news! Now posted to the front.

But I'm confused: is CCP saying this game is going to be limited to consoles?!? I hope not because EvE is a PC game first and foremost. CCP will wind up alienating its core community if they freeze us out of battles for control of the planets!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let the flame war begin!

Dust Fallout

CCP better get a PC details announcement out there...and fast! If they don't, well, like I wrote, this console-only decision is going to fracture EvE's community.

BTW: If they do release a PC version, EvE might have just become the most complete sci-fi game ever! But if they don't...I might never play EvE again. Who wants to play in a game universe being influenced by events you cannot participate in? I refuse to purchase a console just to play a portion of EvE!

Also, will this require two subscriptions? That would also being a big negative for me. I wouldn't want to pay $30 a month just to play EvE. CCP better have some sort of bundle discount, like maybe $20 both (i.e., $5 more per month to subscribe to both).

avl90

Reaction score
I think it will be neat even if it is only for the console and a separate subscription. I'd rather be able to choose what to pay for, so if it turns out to be crap imo I can stick to the core game at the same old price.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
If CCP doesn't release a PC version, I probably won't play it. I play games on Xbox 360, but it's a matter of principle.