CC vs AFV

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
I just had my first CC vs AFV and I want to confirm I did it right.

Playing SASL, I'm the Germans vs the Russians.

The Russians have a KV-1 in a woods hex. As the Germans I advance into the hex a fanatic 8-0 leader, a fanatic squad, half squad. It's a woods hex so I rolled for ambush (mod = AFV is +3, Germans 0), Germans roll a 2, the Russians roll a 3 + 3 = 6, so the Germans get ambush. The combat is sequential, the attacker goes first. For the first attack I can have 2 units, one of which must be the leader, so I chose the squad (CCV 5) and leader (+1 to CCV ). CCV=6. I get a -1 for the ambush. I roll a 6 - 1 = 5 so it becomes a wreck. The vehicles CS is 6, I roll a 10 so they die. Is this right?

What if the crew had survived, would the Germans be able to CC the crew this turn with the remaining HS or have to wait until a the next turn?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
IIRC, there is no CS in CC if you eliminate the tank (D5.6).

Furthermore, unless the tank ambushes you, you would go first even without ambush because CC vs. vehicles is sequential.

von Marwitz

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No crew survival in CC but otherwise correct. As you got an ambush, you may withdraw from the hex too.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
If the half squad was not fanatic it would have to take a paatc.
It wasn't and it did. I also had another squad and crew ( none fanatic ) who tried to enter the hex but both failed the roll. I had nothing to take out the KV so I brought up as much inf as I could to gang rush it, and fortunately I rolled a german re on the wind change and rolled a"leader becomes fanatic ( along with any MMCs stacked with him that pass NTC - only 1 did)" and they happen to be in range to reach the KV. Luck. But I just played Baptism By Fire and had very little luck so I guess it evens out.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...and fortunately I rolled a german re on the wind change and rolled a"leader becomes fanatic ( along with any MMCs stacked with him that pass NTC - only 1 did)"...
In English, por favor.

Steed

Reaction score
First name
Walter
Country
llUnited States
In English, por favor.
Yes SASL. It means the wind change roll is also a reinforcement roll. In this case the germans received a reinforcement. I rolled on the table and received the fanatic leader result. Randomly pick 1 leader ( and any squads stacked with him that make a NTC ) become fanatic.