CC rule

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

I have asked this before, so here is a second try. In CC it is quite common for a German AFV ( say) to "sit" on top of a conceeled Russian.
In the rules it states that a ? unit is not held in CC, and in fact in such a situation a CC counter should not be placed. the SAME is true for infantry/ infantry.

Questions:

AFV

1) Can a ? mol or ?mol projector be used at a range of 0 hexes in his DFPh ?

INFANTRY

If one ? infantry unit ( nationality) fires ( when originally both were ? and neither initiated CC) can the other one get a chance to fire its FP if it remains "?" for its next fire opportunity?

And another thread here:

Can an AFV that OVR also fire in the AFPh?

These question's have been bugging me for about a year :)

Thanks

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Maj,

NOt sure on the Molotov question, but 88% sure that AFV expends all of its firing capability during an OVR.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Maj Soshtokovich said:
Hi,

And another thread here:

Can an AFV that OVR also fire in the AFPh?

These question's have been bugging me for about a year :)

Thanks
From Chap D:

7.1 An OVR is a form of Bounding First Fire. ......

You can't overrun in there is already a bounding First Fire marker. By implication, a BFF marker would be put on the vehicle due to the overrun.

I'd say no.....

Jazz

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think an overrun may be attempted as many times as you have movment poiints to actually exit the hex and come back in

As far as as firing " MOL in the defensive fire phase (sure you can- as long as the target is in your hex) - but then you would no longer be concealed

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
NO AFV may fire ANY armament in the advancing fire phase if it fired ANYTHING in the Movement phase

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fred Ingram said:
NO AFV may fire ANY armament in the advancing fire phase if it fired ANYTHING in the Movement phase
Not quite true. If the only weapon that fired was a ROF weapon that maintained ROF may fire again. That vehicle is not marked with a BFF counter, D3.3.

FrankH.

Reaction score
Maj Soshtokovich said:
Hi,

I have asked this before, so here is a second try. In CC it is quite common for a German AFV ( say) to "sit" on top of a conceeled Russian.
In the rules it states that a ? unit is not held in CC, and in fact in such a situation a CC counter should not be placed. the SAME is true for infantry/ infantry.

Questions:

AFV

1) Can a ? mol or ?mol projector be used at a range of 0 hexes in his DFPh ?

INFANTRY

If one ? infantry unit ( nationality) fires ( when originally both were ? and neither initiated CC) can the other one get a chance to fire its FP if it remains "?" for its next fire opportunity?

1) The Mol P chit shows a To hit # = 10 at range zero (O10.1).

A22.611 Any personnel unit may make a Mol check dr after declaring a PBF/TPBF attack......." A22.612 "Use of a MOL against armorec targets is indentical to A22.611-.6111........"

So yes, MOL and MOL-P may be used at a range = 0. That would apply to any eligible fire phase, not just DFPh. :wink:

2) I am less sure about the next one but I believe that a unit (even if in a Location with a not concealed enemy inf. unit) is not held in Melee if it is concealed. The still concealed unit may fire in its fire phase. It would then lose concealment and then be held in melee even if it broke the enemy units in the same Location.

See A11.15

Note to all (not necessarily related to only this melee question:

I strongly recommend getting version 2 of the ASLRB. There are a lot of clarifications and a surprising number of new rule additions over version 1.
[/i]

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
About : " In the rules it states that a ? unit is not held in CC, and in fact in such a situation a CC counter should not be placed. the SAME is true for infantry/ infantry."

One is never held in
CC, but in Melee...
The CC counter is placed on the stack (until a Melee exists, after a first CC not resulting in elimination of one of the sides involved), and units can exit hexes during RtPh or, if keeping "?" status, during next MPh/Aph (if it is their turn)...[/i]

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
nonsience

The distinction between CC and Mellee here is utter nonsience. Neither is in fact " enabled" by having un - ? units in the hex.