CC reaction fire v VBM question

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gents
I wonder if you could confirm whether I have interpreted the following situation correctly:

A BU afv VBMs an infantry unit and 9-1 smc in a single storey building. The infantry unit has first fired its possessed HMG while creating a firelane earlier in the phase.

The infantry unit and leader declare a cc reaction fire attempt v the afv.

Are the following assumptions correct:
1. The firelane is cancelled
2. The unit does not get the street fighting modifier because it is already marked with a first fire counter
3. Equally, the unit does not suffer any penalty against its ccv for having first fired because it is not being overrun and is simply a final fire attack.
4. After passing its PAATC the CCV it needs to roll is 5 basic, +1 for the leader, -2 for motion target.
Therefore four or less kills the tank, two burns it.

Always have trouble with this sort of infantry/afv interface stuff!
Thanks in advance
Bill Eaton

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bill Eaton said:
4. After passing its PAATC the CCV it needs to roll is 5 basic, +1 for the leader, -2 for motion target.
All looks good to me except for this bit. The CCV is 6 (5 (squad) +1 (leader)) and the DRM are +1 (+2 motion -1 leader modifier).

I think that if the leader is marked First Fire (for directing the MG Firelane) the CCV is reduced to 5 (as the leader would be subject to halving of FP due to SFF), but the modifiers remain the same.

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
I think that if the leader is marked First Fire (for directing the MG Firelane) the CCV is reduced to 5 (as the leader would be subject to halving of FP due to SFF), but the modifiers remain the same.
I've always understood that the halving of FP for SFF/FPF/DFF did not carry over into the CCPh. Am I missing something here (like that's never happened before)? :?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mike Murphy said:
I've always understood that the halving of FP for SFF/FPF/DFF did not carry over into the CCPh. Am I missing something here (like that's never happened before)? :?
You are correct, except this is CC Reaction Fire, which takes place in the MPh.