CC counter

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
When do you place a CC counter? ASOP step 3.41A says "Place CC counter if necessary". I see A25.233 (Human Wave) says "Upon entry of an enemy-occupied Location, mark all units with a CC counter". I also see D7.21 says "After completing its attack, that DEFENDER and all of its possessed SW (including those Inherent) and Guns are marked with a CC counter, if the vehicle has survived, to prohibit non-CC Reaction". But what else? In a game I played today, a HIP IJA unit dropped concealment/HIP at the beginning of the British MPh. The IJA player claimed the Location would be marked by a CC counter. I agree this is consistent with A25.233, but I don't think that rule is applicable. I have no idea how to play this but today we played it that the CC counter got placed. It was important as the CC counter denied the British units an Advance Phase. -- jim

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When do you place a CC counter? ASOP step 3.41A says "Place CC counter if necessary". I see A25.233 (Human Wave) says "Upon entry of an enemy-occupied Location, mark all units with a CC counter". I also see D7.21 says "After completing its attack, that DEFENDER and all of its possessed SW (including those Inherent) and Guns are marked with a CC counter, if the vehicle has survived, to prohibit non-CC Reaction". But what else? In a game I played today, a HIP IJA unit dropped concealment/HIP at the beginning of the British MPh. The IJA player claimed the Location would be marked by a CC counter. I agree this is consistent with A25.233, but I don't think that rule is applicable. I have no idea how to play this but today we played it that the CC counter got placed. It was important as the CC counter denied the British units an Advance Phase. -- jim
Berserkers should get them after they enter an opponent's occupied hex.

Jerry Simmons

ntasl.com
Reaction score
A12.151; Bypassing a concealed unit's location is all I found.

EDIT: Also, G.4 specifies when a CC counter is placed. If the British unit ended its MPh in the former HIP defender's location, the CC counter is placed.

Last edited:

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Correct, A15.432. Can anyone think of others? -- jim
I think they are usually placed when the moving player's units end up in the opponents Location during the Movement Phase.

Here are the rules I've found that mentions placing a CC counter/marker:
A7.211, A8.31, A12.151, A13.61, A15.432, A25.233, D6.5, D7.21, E1.13, E7.22, E9.43, G.4, & G1.423.

Last edited:

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they are usually placed when the moving player's units end up in the opponents Location during the Movement Phase.

Here are the rules I've found that mentions placing a CC counter/marker:
A7.211, A8.31, A12.151, A13.61, A15.432, A25.233, D6.5, D7.21, E1.13, E7.22, E9.43, G.4, & G1.423.
Hey Klas,

What about when an HIP unit reveals itself at the beginning of the APh? Or when a unit announces its APh action?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What about when an HIP unit reveals itself at the beginning of the APh? Or when a unit announces its APh action?
It doesn't seem like a CC counter is placed in those instances.