Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

I cant see the rule that stop this so after some advice but maybe its legal
I have a Mk4 adjacent to a Bunker - in the rear so not exposed to fire
In CC He advanced out of bunker to adjacent hex and the CCd me - I thought if I was in the hex I would be vulnerable but adjacent is that allowed? - I suppose a trench and foxhole makes sense but a bunker?
I might add he rolled ambush and then scurried back into the bunker after his attack?

Thanks for the clarification

Cheers

Rob :)

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If your question is "can infantry street fight or advance from inside a pillbox to an adjacent hex", the answer is no.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Not 100% clear about what you mean by "bunker". In ASL terminology a "bunker" is a pillbox with at least one trench either in its hex or in an adjacent hex. Is there a trench involved, or is the fortification in question just an ASL pillbox (which might also be called a "bunker" in historical use, but it is not an ASL bunker)?

In order to advance out from an ASL pillbox to an adjacent hex, there would have to be a trench, and the AFV would have to be parked on that trench. In that case what you describe is possible: a unit could advance out from a pillbox which was an ASL bunker into an adjacent trench, conduct CC in that hex, and if it got ambush, withdraw back into the pillbox.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thank you JR - no trench so not allowed
If there is no trench, then the only way to enter/exit a pillbox is from/to that pillbox's hex. Movement to/from a pillbox from an adjacent hex requires moving into two Locations, and that is not allowed during the APh [EXC: caves].

JR

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes that is quite clear as inside and outside are separate locations - the poster merely wishes to exceed the
non trench- bunker possibilities. Like going from G to second level. But you gotta like his attitude, ?