Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
This went from Baseball to Trans...
You were stating a belief that Wikipedia is apolitical and "fact-based", I was pointing out an example in which facts are secondary in importance to the ideology of the editorial policy makers. It's an extreme example, but a useful one that not just anybody can add 'facts' to Wikipedia and have their edits stand unchallenged. If you don't think there are editorial biases there, look at the talk page of any political event - the article on the Capitol Hill riot has 13 pages and counting of commentary, which is really a battleground of people trying to get their interpretations of the "facts" into the record. See the very first section on this archived talk page for a great example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:2021_storming_of_the_United_States_Capitol/Archive_9

It's not just political, though, and those kind of dogfights go on even in the historical articles. See the talk page for the 12th SS Panzer Division, for example. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:12th_SS_Panzer_Division_Hitlerjugend where there are arguments over historical 'facts' such as the war crimes of the division, their 'crack' status, etc. One person's fact is often another person's propaganda.

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Seems I'm too subtle for some.

Not something I am often accused of.

There have been comments on the MMP CSW Forum page about the potential impact of Curt's strident political statements on MMP's business. The conversation was quashed by moderation, which is their prerogative, but comments/observations were made. I personally know of at least 4 folks that are reconsidering purchasing decisions in light of his rhetoric.

Freedom to decide how one spends one's money is as enshrined as freedom to speak one's mind?
This reminds me of some conceptual similarities with the bedding products company headquartered in Minnesota and it's outspoken CEO. In that particular case, if that was a publicly traded company, the BoD might have a say in restraining his public statements, as they are clearly hurting the company (e.g., products withdrawn from many large national chain stores). But being a privately-held company, if he wishes to drive his bus off the cliff, that's his prerogative.