The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Good evening Gents,

I'm slated to have a go at caves and cave complexes with Mr phlegm27 this week. I thought I saw a cave complex "thingy" in one of the counter trays but can't find it now that I need it.

Was I imagining things and no such tool exists (yet)?

Also, is there a cloaking display for the lads in caves, their complexes, pillboxes and Japanese Hipsters?

I tried the search tool in VASL but various permutations of 'Cave Complexes' and 'Cloaking' came up empty. I looked through about 10-12 pages of threads but couldn't find a similar topic. Apologies if I missed it, I'm still a bit green where the deeper aspects of VASL are concerned.

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good evening Gents,

I'm slated to have a go at caves and cave complexes with Mr phlegm27 this week. I thought I saw a cave complex "thingy" in one of the counter trays but can't find it now that I need it.

Was I imagining things and no such tool exists (yet)?

Also, is there a cloaking display for the lads in caves, their complexes, pillboxes and Japanese Hipsters?

I tried the search tool in VASL but various permutations of 'Cave Complexes' and 'Cloaking' came up empty. I looked through about 10-12 pages of threads but couldn't find a similar topic. Apologies if I missed it, I'm still a bit green where the deeper aspects of VASL are concerned.
There are draggable overlays for caves, but you need I think, the overlay extension. There is also a cloaking display extension here. http://vasl.info/extensions.htm As far as Japanese hipsters goes, just press ctrl H for each selected counter that you want HIP and it will disappear from your opponents view.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Thanks Gents.

I found the CC outlines but they seem 'fixed'. The boundary outlines work for drawing the complex as long as you HIP them. I found that by cloning the CC diagram off map you can duplicate the layout and place your HIP units where they are needed without having them on the map. The avoids a HIP unit on the map being confused with a HIP unit IN the Cave Complex.