Cav Bail Out Residual FP...

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, a brain fart here, been a while since I've played with Horses...

Situation - A Cav unit enters a hex for 1MF. Receives a DFF shot (let's say 4 down 2), and breaks on the ensuing MC. Has to bail out. Takes a MC on the bail out, passes (or even if not, broken Squad CRs to broken HS).

Question - at this time, does the remaining broke dude (Squad or HS) now get whacked by the Residual in the hex? Seems since it's considered an expenditure of MF, yes, and that it hadn't been hit by the resid, yes; though the modifiers (-2 for Cav and -2 for FFNAM/FFMO) are no 'worse'...

I believe in the past, we played that the bailed out survivor gets hit by the Resid if the original attack that caused the unhorsing wasn't the Resid itself...sort of a 'double jeopardy', but serves one right trapzing around the battlefield on a horse!

Thx

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain

Just asked some days ago.. it´s attacked again for the residual.

FourDeuceMF

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, guys...still, after all these years, not skilled at navigating this site...guess a 'Search' before opening my mouth would have answered my Q!:giggle:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Being forced to Bail Out is nasty business...

You might fail your morale three times:

1. On the original attack DR.
  2. On the Bail Out MC.
  3. When becoming Infantry upon hitting the ground by Residual attack if the RFP did not cause the original attack.
On top, any SW the unit carries has a high chance of being eliminated or malfed - see D6.24:

"Any SW carried by a Bailing Out Rider is eliminated if the carrying unit breaks or is eliminated prior to or after Bail Out. Even if the carrying unit does not break as a result of Bailing Out, its SW must be removed from the AFV and checked for malfunction [dr 1-3 = ok; dr 4-6 = malfunction (or elimination if an X# SW)]."

von Marwitz