Casus Belli scenarios

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone ever heard of these scenarios?

There is a place on the Wargame Academy for them, but none are available to view?

If you know of them, please let me know.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Kevin - I have them. PM me.

sbramley1967

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Casus Belli Scenarios
The French publication Casus Belli gave us twenty-eight scenarios between 1982 and 1986 notably extending the French experience beyond Crescendo of Doom’s early war coverage. There is no doubt the identity of occupied France was a complex one and Messrs. Pierre Stutin, Luc Sérard and others develop the story of who she was. Their clever use of US counters to depict Free French trained and armed by US forces and depicting French troops serving in the Waffen Frankreich with SS counters develop a national characteristic that is uniquely French in the Squad Leader system.

You can read more about the composition of the scenarios here.
https://sites.google.com/site/2012squadleadertourny/announcements/casusbelliscenarios

You may find the scenarios here. In the Scenario Archive search for ‘Casus Belli’ in the Publication tab.
https://sites.google.com/site/2012squadleadertourny/scenarios

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott,
Unfortunately, the Archive no longer functions.
I had visited the site previously and have most of the materials, but others may not.

sbramley1967

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scott,
Unfortunately, the Archive no longer functions.
I had visited the site previously and have most of the materials, but others may not.
Thanks for letting me know. Google sunseted oAuth 1.0 technology and I'm having trouble fixing it. They are still available in the Quick View on the Scenario page until this is resolved. Stackoverlow is always helpful so i'll post my issue there.

S

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Thanks for letting me know. Google sunseted oAuth 1.0 technology and I'm having trouble fixing it. They are still available in the Quick View on the Scenario page until this is resolved. Stackoverlow is always helpful so i'll post my issue there.

S
I keep forgetting what a great resource you have created there. Thanks again for your hard work - just spent a few minutes re-reading the scenario analysis and other browsing - continually impressed by your work.

sbramley1967

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Scenario Archive is working again, you can find the Casus Belli scenarios there. Go to the Publisher tab and select 'Casus Belli' under publication. An optional map is available, once the search is completed you may click Map and the link to show the location of those scenarios.

After much confusion, it was replacing
with
in one line of program.

Thanks Michael, I've always enjoyed the story of the game and i'm glade others find interest too. Many people have contributed content that i've shared on the site, it really has been a community effort. It's better than leaving it up in the attic gathering dust.

Your site is a great resource for those interested in the bigger story of boadgaming, I like the timeline which provides a forty-five year history of the hobby. There is one for magazines too. Always a good resource.

S

Last edited: