Casualty reduced 747 that misses ELR

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
Hi!

Just to check with the forum; a 747 that rolls boxcars on a 1MC (ELR = 5) is casualty reduced to 337 and then replaced by a 236 (2nd line). Is that correctly played?

Thanks!
/asad

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Q&A:

A10.31 & A19.13 If an unbroken 6-5-8 SS squad (with its normal 5 ELR) suffers a Casualty MC
that also exceeds its ELR, is it Replaced by a broken 3-4-8 SS HS?
A. Yes. [Gen25.6; An95w; An96]

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
I don't think so.
I think he is ELR 5 underlined so first elr to 2 half squads and then one of them is eliminated.
That was my initial thinking as well until I read 19.13, the exception specifically:

... [EXC: A squad with an underscored Morale Factor is Replaced by its two broken HS (even if its ELR has dropped below 5); a HS with an underscored Morale Factor is Disrupted instead unless exempt per 19.12. A Casualty MC (10.31) failure which also exceeds a squad’s ELR causes that squad to be Reduced to a broken HS of lesser quality.] ...

It seems the whole exception is about squads with an underlined Morale Factor.

/asad

atomic

Reaction score
First name
Asad
Country
llSweden
Q&A:

A10.31 & A19.13 If an unbroken 6-5-8 SS squad (with its normal 5 ELR) suffers a Casualty MC
that also exceeds its ELR, is it Replaced by a broken 3-4-8 SS HS?
A. Yes. [Gen25.6; An95w; An96]
That seems to be the definite answer ;-)
/asad

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Do you not have to roll Random selection to see which half squad is removed. Which could lead to removal of both if you yhatzee

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would say that the rule are on my side. Because the elite squad ELR's to two half squad then one is selected to be removed.
This selection like most other ones is done by a Random selection dr
A.9 RANDOM SELECTION: Whenever an event occurs calling for the Random Selection of one or more units in a hex, a dr is made for each such unit therein.

If you have a rule that will disprove this please site.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I would say that the rule are on my side. Because the elite squad ELR's to two half squad then one is selected to be removed.
A.9 RANDOM SELECTION: Whenever an event occurs calling for the Random Selection of one or more units in a hex, a dr is made for each such unit therein.

The q&a specifically states that the unit is replaced by a broken halfsquad.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Play it how you want. The Q&A is pretty clear. (cite)

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do you not have to roll Random selection to see which half squad is removed. Which could lead to removal of both if you yhatzee
There was only 1 unit initially effected...the CR immediately wiped out a HS...there was nothing to RS on...

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There was only 1 unit initially effected...the CR immediately wiped out a HS...there was nothing to RS on...
If the ELR is applied first, the squad would be exchanged for two halfsquads, and they could potentially be used in a Random Selection. I think there is a valid question here. The q&a answers it.

JR