Casualties Bin

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
How is this suppose to work? Have put units into the bins but unable to figure out how to get the counts to update.

Thanks,
Dan V

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Click on The cvp button on the toolbar. It’s near the sniper finder and broken unit display buttons. It will show you a cvp count for each side in the chat window.

Or click on the Casualties button near the overlays button. That will display the bin and cvp totals.

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
they both show that the cvp is zero even though there are units in the bins?

jcferrell

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
The casualties bin definitely needs some work, especially for vehicles. The last scenario I played, the bin kept awarding the wrong CVP, even when I would adjust it for crew/no crew ahead of time.

Also, I wish it would update when units are removed from the bin. That's necessary sometimes in PBEM games, and the current solution is (1) remove the unit, (2) drag all of the other units out of the bin, (3) reset the CVP, and (4) drag the other units back into the bin.

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
Is there anything that I need to setup to get the Casualties Bin to work? I put units into it but the CVP does not change from 0?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The casualties bin definitely needs some work, especially for vehicles. The last scenario I played, the bin kept awarding the wrong CVP, even when I would adjust it for crew/no crew ahead of time.

Also, I wish it would update when units are removed from the bin. That's necessary sometimes in PBEM games, and the current solution is (1) remove the unit, (2) drag all of the other units out of the bin, (3) reset the CVP, and (4) drag the other units back into the bin.
When you remove units, do you then click on the side (allies or axis) button at the top of the casualties bin window? That should recalculate.

I will admit that the casualties bin was built without a thought for PBEM. So there may be a problem there.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Is there anything that I need to setup to get the Casualties Bin to work? I put units into it but the CVP does not change from 0?
What units? Only from vasl6.5.0 or later I hope and not from extensions?

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
looks like it is working now thanks. Playing Czerniakow Bridgehead so it is only Germans/Russian/Partisans.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

How do you adjust the CVP for a vehicle if the crew survives?

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
How do you adjust the CVP for a vehicle if the crew survives?
Right-click on the vehicle and there will be a menu option. Away from my desktop and can’t recall it exactly but I Think you will recognize it. There are a number options: ma malfunction; cs; ma malfunction + cs

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Any way to reset it
right now in RB CG III
and the thing is way of
the tray say nothing and CVP in the control is wrong
need to clear the tray and reset it but cant figure out how

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Any way to reset it
right now in RB CG III
and the thing is way of
the tray say nothing and CVP in the control is wrong
need to clear the tray and reset it but cant figure out how
I am not sure I follow your message but if you delete the units in the casualty bin and then hit the buttons at the top of the bin it will reset the calculation to zero.

You can delete the units by (1) rightclicking and selecting delete or (2) dragging them out of the bin (including back onto the map window).

Remember to click the buttons at the top of the bin to recalculate.

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
We did that but ....
This is status now
Nothing really work

I am not sure I follow your message but if you delete the units in the casualty bin and then hit the buttons at the top of the bin it will reset the calculation to zero.

You can delete the units by (1) rightclicking and selecting delete or (2) dragging them out of the bin (including back onto the map window).

Remember to click the buttons at the top of the bin to recalculate.

Attachments

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It looks to me that you have deleted the boxes in the casualties bin that display the CVP count. They are usually right in the middle of the two windows. Try clicking on the CVP button next to the sniper finder on the toolbar. It is labelled "CVP". It should display the totals in the chat window. If it doesn't then I think you are in trouble for this game. When you start a new game you will see the display boxes back in the Casualties Bin. But I don't think there is a way to restore them during a game.

styrk

The open minded on
Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Yes I have noted that the counter is lost
We get numbers but can rest
If you able to delete that counter then we have done that with a select all del. LOL
If you can delete that counter and can't get it back I think I have to call that a major weakness
and no way we going to restart with x00 counter and markers on the map even with 18 dates left. Guess we need to do it old school.
If we only had bin able to cut/ copy and past from on game to another setup that had bin a major help to Campaign games