Case J2

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
Should be simple but I can't figure it out. DFF versus an in-motion tank which starts in LOS. Will case J2 apply? My thinking is that I have already been looking at this tank moving in front of me and now it takes one more step forward.....................so it has spent much time in my LOS and J2 would not apply. Only the basic J. +2 modifier.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Correct per C6.15 ...A target that begins its MPh (or a portion thereof while subject to neither Case J1 nor J2) in the firer's LOS is unaffected by these Cases until it is out of that LOS after entering a new Location/vertex; ...

nekengren2

Reaction score
First name
Neal
Country
llUnited States
thanks. i'm blind. been through all that but missed exactly what you posted. this is totally clear.

i think all this stuff is finally starting to sink in. I wrote MANY tech documents in my career and I'm amazed at this spaghetti-bowl ASL stuff. Such a great game that kicks people in the nuts trying to learn it.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi

Amen to THAT!!! - I high-lite the book, I read the tips, I read the reminders but still............ ASL dementia

Rob :)

labelcd6

Reaction score
First name
Carl
Country
llUnited States
thanks. i'm blind. been through all that but missed exactly what you posted. this is totally clear.

i think all this stuff is finally starting to sink in. I wrote MANY tech documents in my career and I'm amazed at this spaghetti-bowl ASL stuff. Such a great game that kicks people in the nuts trying to learn it.
Fellow technical writer here. Am simultaneously awed and horrified at the rules. Mainly awed, though ;-)