Carrying an assembled 81mm MTR

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a US M3 halftrack, with 15pp, carry the following
81mm ASSEMBLED ie ready to come out firing from the track
227 crew

We had a old senile grognard moment, Jeff DY and I, and he said I couldn't ie not enough PP for the vehicle.

I couldn't prove it from the rules.

Life goes on ie A.4 applies

ctewks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If it's assembled I think you'd have to Tow it. You can't portage it assembled.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
C10.1 is your friend : the halftrack will tow the assembled mortar :
EXC: The +1 per hex MP/MF cost, as well as the Reverse/Bypass/wall/hedge/rubble/stream towing restrictions, do not apply to the vehicular transport of a 5/8" 76-107mm MTR counter; however, all other rules pertinent to Gun towing/pushing do apply to these MTR when they are not dm and they may only be unloaded by a Passenger on the same vehicle.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
C10.3 also applies :
"The usable Passenger PP capacity of a vehicle with a hooked up Gun (or a dm 76-82mm mortar) is considered reduced by four PP."

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK let me clarify the question

I wanted to load the 81mm NOT disassembled. I say it cost 10pp and then the crew rides along for another 5pp.

BUT Jeff said no not what the rules allow

Brain fart on my part meant I couldn't find EXACTLY in the rules that told me what it cost to carry that assembled fully ready to fire 5/8th mtr. ie unload it and its ready to fire

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
An assembled 5/8" Mortar is not carried like a SW anyway : it is manhandled.
When it is unloaded during the MPh, it suffers the same firing restrictions as an unloaded (QSU) Gun.

phlegm027

Reaction score
Robin’s right. An assembled 81mm Mortar is manhandled road bonus is applicable.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But it comes out ready to fire, right?

AND I don't have to load it in the disassembled form right?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

I still don't get the mechanics - so you are a 236 Conscript HS with no idea about anything happily lying in the shade of an SPW 251/1 next to which a 81mm MTR is standing.

All of a sudden, Feldwebel Krach walks by and roars at the conscripts: "Ihr verdammten Faulpelze! Auf auf! Den Mörser und die Munition auf die Halbkette laden! Los, los!"

You, not understanding any German, still understand what the Feldwebel wants as the conscripts jump up, and go about to move the MTR closer to the SPW, faces blank, scratching their heads...

What now?

Schütze Asch's face suddenly lightens up: "Jungs, alles gut. We don't need to roll for Pushing since we only have to "hook up" the MTR as if it were a Gun to load it by spending half of our MF allotment (FRU), so that's 3MF by 2 = 1.5 rounded up to 2MF. And we're loaded, too, into the SPW by doing so."

Shortly thereafter they are dropping onto the seats puffing under the strain and holding a TI counter over their heads against the sun....

Like that?

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland

You unload it assembled.
But the crew is TI.
C10.12 ... That Gun's crew may disembark from that vehicle at no extra MP/MF cost as part of that unhooking procedure, but that crew and Gun must remain TI in that hex

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I still don't get the mechanics - so you are a 236 Conscript HS with no idea about anything happily lying in the shade of an SPW 251/1 next to which a 81mm MTR is standing.

All of a sudden, Feldwebel Krach walks by and roars at the conscripts: "Ihr verdammten Faulpelze! Auf auf! Den Mörser und die Munition auf die Halbkette laden! Los, los!"

You, not understanding any German, still understand what the Feldwebel wants as the conscripts jump up, and go about to move the MTR closer to the SPW, faces blank, scratching their heads...

What now?

Schütze Asch's face suddenly lightens up: "Jungs, alles gut. We don't need to roll for Pushing since we only have to "hook up" the MTR as if it were a Gun to load it by spending half of our MF allotment (FRU), so that's 3MF by 2 = 1.5 rounded up to 2MF. And we're loaded, too, into the SPW by doing so."

Shortly thereafter they are dropping onto the seats puffing under the strain and holding a TI counter over their heads against the sun....

Like that?

von Marwitz
Ihr verdammten Faulpelze! Auf auf! Den Mörser und die Munition auf die Halbkette laden! Los, los!

You (group) of damned lazy (not sure)! MOVE MOVE! The mortar and the ammo out of the halftrack unloaded! MOVE MOVE! '

There I used by german minor from college today..again

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cifdale, Jeff De Young are you seeing these answers? I was right and...you can say A.4 baby.... A.4

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
of course the conscripts are not in possession of the mortar yet so they hsve to spend a point to recover it...