Carrier Crew inherent morale

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's the morale of a carrier HS 247 while it is the Inherent crew (D5.1) of a carrier?
IMHO D5.1 All armed vehicles are manned by an Inherent crew which is not represented by a crew counter until it leaves the vehicle. While inside an AFV, the crew checks morale with a Morale Level equal to that of its nationality's best unbroken elite Infantry MMC; Inherent crews of unarmored vehicles take MC with a Morale Level equal to that crew nationality's best unbroken 1st Line Infantry. The aforementioned rule would seem to answer the question for me regardless of the nationality of the carrier crew unless the carrier had the "INF CREW" designation on the back of the counter.

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Burn they are no Infantry crew but normal infantry.. I think MC is depending on infantry class.. here 7 because is a 247.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I know that analogies have a limited weight in answering rules questions, but inherent AFV crews have the highest morale (in the case of British : 8) but when they take counter form they are 1-2-7.
I would not mind a carrier HS have 8 morale when inherent and becoming a 247 when taking counter form (D5.1 only has exceptions for armour leaders and inexperienced crews).

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Some Halftracks starts the game with infantry HS as passengers that only take counter form when disembarking.. their morale is always the same because they are not crew but passengers.. I think the same case here..

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Some Halftracks starts the game with infantry HS as passengers that only take counter form when disembarking.. their morale is always the same because they are not crew but passengers.. I think the same case here..
I have played it that way up to now.
But I have a lingering doubt.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they are Passengers yes I agree their morale is not increased as they don't meet the requirements of an inherent crew, they are passengers (D6.1). Also, I do not know where you get that the Passengers only take counter form when disembarking from the ht. Reviewing German MAVN 58, U.S. MAVN 30 and D6.1 which the notes elude to, there seems to be no such allowance made to have the Passenger in anything but counter form (just like any other passenger) right from the start [EXC: SSR]. However, D6.82 specifically states that the inherent crew (D5.1) of a carrier though a HS [EXC: If noted as an Inf Crew] would be covered under D5.1 while not present in counter form.