Captured Tanks

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First time playing with BFP captured vehicles. In this case a KV-8 flame tank in use by the Germans. I'm assuming that all onboard armament suffers captured use penalties. True?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Check the vehicle notes for the tank - I am not sure the actual letter of the note, but this is the note that matters: "
Although a captured piece of equipment, the captured use penalties of A21.11-.12 do not apply. They also do not apply if recaptured during a scenario by the Russians."

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What he said. The vehicle notes will outline any penalties or lowered breakdown numbers associated with the vehicle. Historically those captured vehicles were refurbished for their own use by the respective capturing side, as well as their crews would have familiarized themselves with the characteristics of the captured vehicle. Hence captured use penalties generally didn't apply. Not to say the lowered breakdown numbers wouldn't apply, as they were certainly susceptible to a scarcity of unique parts.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aha. Always check the vehicle notes.

Now, what module did the notes for the captured KV-8 flame tank come in? The scenario I'm playing is ITR3 and I don't have all of the BFP modules.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for looking, guys. I must have misplaced the vehicle notes. All I have is the ITR HBR. Treating them as refurbished rather than captured seems the way to go.

johnl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Found them. They're in Recon by Fire 4. I see that's where the counters came from too.