Can't install DA!

IntelGuy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey guys,

I have no clue what happened, but I can't install DA anymore. I had to re-setup my system from scratch, and after istalling WinXP the DA installer doesn't work. When I start setup.exe the installer window opens and it says "Searching for previous installations". Then the window disappears and nothing happens, I simply am back at my desktop.
I have tried everything I could think of, installing Service Packs, DirectX, graphic drivers...no results.

I hope you can help me,

Rene

cbelva

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe the problem is that you must have a copy of the DA exe files somewhere on your hard drive and it is recognizing it as a previous install. You have to either rename it or delete it and it should install with no problems. I did the same thing once and I had an updated DA exe file still on my hard drive I was going to use once the program was loaded. I deleted it and it installed with no probems.

Gary

Reaction score
Country
ll
I agree with Charle. I had this problem. One you have renamed or deleted any existing DA.exe files you should be able to reinstall.

IntelGuy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:banana:

I had a backup copy of my DA folder on my disk which I made a few months ago. Thanks, finally I can play again.

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I, on the other hand, must just be lucky. I've also tried to reinstall. I've hunted down every da.exe and killed it. I've then killed those that are hiding in the recycle bin. No luck, no justice. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can you be more specific on what you've done, Nils? What other than hunting down backup exe files?

nilsderondeau

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Messrs Sterrett & Rahamy,

Thanks. I've been in touch with HPS support (perhaps this was even you, R?) and Mr. Lumsford, who fixed things up.

I don't know why the original version wouldn't install, but Mr. Lumsford kindly provided me with a version that would.

For the record, in case someone else reads this thread, I'm running XP, Tablet Edition.

Thank you both for your concern and attention.

Cheers,
N.