Can't apply any of the move commands for a vehicle

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

what's the general process for moving a vehicle if it cannot comply with any of the priority movements from the A4c table.

My situation is that i have had a halftrack generated i open ground but it surrounded on 3 sides by walls which it cannot move over it also has no targets. all the move commands pretty much assign it to move to friendly board edge, objectives or targets using specified routes or the hex rosette. in this instance regardless of movement command the vehicle will move one hex and then stop at the wall and it will be impossible for it to move further during the game.

To move it would need to move directly away from the friendly forces and board edge and maneuver around woods etc. for a good few turns before it would be in a position to resume it's advance on the friendly objectives/board edge.

Should I just move tis unit as I see fit until it is back in a position to resume the programmed move commands or does it just sit surrounded by walls for the rest of the game?

going forward it will not matter what move command I roll the vehicle will not be able to move unless I move it completely independently for a few goes

regards
Simon

Barking Monkey

Reaction score
First name
John
Country
llUnited States
I'd roll on the vehicle movement table as normal, then take the shortest path in MPs around the wall obstacle towards that objective (be it the FBE, a FRIENDLY unit, etc.) ignoring the rosette until clear of the obstacle. Basically try and stick as closely as you can to the indicated objective within the confines of the terrain.

I even resort to this with ENEMY infantry and S? when faced with cliffs or water obstacles. (Yeah, I know, "climbing" and "Swimming" are things but in most cases moving around makes more sense to me and seems more consistent with what real troops would do.)

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks both - I had come to a similar conclusion but just wanted to make sure that I had not missed anything - thanks both for the advice