Cannot launch acft in Midway

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My carrier is turned into the wind, acft are spotted and assigned a mission. Speed of the carrier is 21 knots and the wind speed in 10 knots but I stilll get the message in the Acft dialog box,"Cannot Launch". I only have twelve aircraft spotted and assigned a mission.

What am I doing wrong, do I have to get a Ready messsage before i can launch my acft or what?

Reaction score
Are you attempting to spot aircraft at the same time? The deck can only do one thing at a time, so if you're bringing aircraft up to the deck, that would prevent launch.

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I'm not bringing acft up to the deck, all have been spotted and have missions assigned. Over half of the acft compliment are still below the deck.

Beats me what I am doing wrong.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Send me a game file to the HPS Support account and I will take a look.

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may have got it, I increased my carriers speed to 27 knots and aircraft started launching. Am am corredt in saying you have to get the combined wind/carrier speed to be mid way between 30 kts and 50 kts in order to launch aircraft?

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Probably, I thought it was 25 & 50, but 30 might be right. I'm at work so can't easily check now...it should be in the documentation though.

billk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm at work also but I think you are correct, either way thanks for your help,same goes to Gary McCellan.
This is a good game, Midway has always been one of the battles I have read a lot about and HPS did a good job on it.