Cannot get CTRL-key keyboard combinations to work

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I was using the keyboard incorrectly.
In the vastness of my ability to miss the blindingly obvious, I amaze myself.
If the 'vastness of your ability' is not united with 'infinite wisdom', then there's is hope... ;)

von Marwitz

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the 'vastness of your ability' is not united with 'infinite wisdom', then there's is hope... ;)

von Marwitz
This went way over my head... please explain.
I am desperate for hope, as for me, it has been a very rough decade!
Thank you.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
This went way over my head... please explain.
I am desperate for hope, as for me, it has been a very rough decade!
Thank you.
All right, pal, but only since you ask because it was a somewhat political allusion: There is a president in a big country who is strongly convinced of his, quote: 'infinite wisdom' Others have their, well, 'doubts' about this. So if I point out that I am saying something with my 'infinite wisdom', I mean that I am talking utter BS.

So the irony of the 'vastness of your ability' was intended to be matched with mine about 'infinite wisdom'.
It is said though, that Germans are not good at making jokes and thus fond of explaining them. :LOL:

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Last edited:

ahench

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Confirmed. Pope Benedict XVI says in "The Two Popes", and if I remember correctly "German jokes are not funny."

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All right, pal, but only since you ask because it was a somewhat political allusion: There is a president in a big country who is strongly convinced of his, quote: 'infinite wisdom' Others have their, well, 'doubts' about this. So if I point out that I am saying something with my 'infinite wisdom', I mean that I am talking utter BS.

So the irony of the 'vastness of your ability' was intended to be matched with mine about 'infinite wisdom'.
It is said though, that Germans are not good at making jokes and thus fond of explaining them. :LOL:

Cheers,
von Marwitz
Now that I get the joke, it is quite funny.
I did take three years of German in school, a truly wonderful experience. My only regret is that I was such a poor student.
Thank you.