Canister question

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
C8.4....Canister is resolved on the IFT using its FP and adding any applicable DRM for TEM, LOS Hindrance and/or hex spine changes in the CA....

No mention of FFMO or FFNAM. Chapter A is before Chapter C so has less precedence...

It seems crazy that they woud'nt apply but Smoke and Flamethrower TKs for example. Please find the flaw in my methodology....

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The rules seem to have overlooked FFNAM/FFMO (of course they shouldn't have).

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
When C8.4 says:
"...Canister is resolved on the IFT using its FP and adding any applicable DRM for TEM, LOS Hindrance, and/or hexspine changes in the CA..."

I don't think it means those are the only DRM that can apply, I think all DRM normally applying to an IFT attack also apply to one from Canister.

Craig Benn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That seems a reasonable interpretation but you could also argue that the intention was to deliberately exclude them.

For instance when ordnance fires FFMO and FFNAM apply to the to hit roll and not to the effects DR (barring a crit). Cannister has no to hit roll and goes directly to the effects roll on the IFT. So no need to include it as cannister already automatically hits...

It doesn't seem clear to me although I prefer your interpretation.