CANADIAN ASL OPEN, 18-21 May 2017

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am going to try to make that one. Wife allowing...

generalzhukov

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi George. What time do the festivities start on Thursday May 18? The timing is somewhat unfortunate as it is one week before the Memorial Day holiday in USA and also the Enfilade Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Convention in Olympia, WA. Many regional ASL players attend. It would be impossible for me to make both!

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow...jealous..what a wonderful spot for an ASL tournament.
Took a long ferry ride to that island many years ago....loved it....

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi George. What time do the festivities start on Thursday May 18? The timing is somewhat unfortunate as it is one week before the Memorial Day holiday in USA and also the Enfilade Northwest Historical Miniatures Gaming Convention in Olympia, WA. Many regional ASL players attend. It would be impossible for me to make both!
The CASLO has an Open Game Day on Thursday 18 May (12.01pm to 11.59pm) allowing 12 hours of open gaming. The CASLO's main tournament starts 12.01 pm on Friday, 19 May and ends 4.00 pm, Sunday, 21 May. There will be 5 rounds (2 on Friday, 2 on Saturday, and 1 on Sunday). Stay tune for more information and link to the CASLO website

FMFCB

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llCanada
George
Is there going to be a PTO round?

Last edited:

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Why PTO why not desert?
A PTO or Desert only round(s) tends to discourage new comers.
PTO or desert scenarios strewn throughout all 5 rounds would be my preference

CASLA Director
Steve

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Why PTO why not desert?
A PTO or Desert only round(s) tends to discourage new comers.
PTO or desert scenarios strewn throughout all 5 rounds would be my preference

CASLA Director
Steve
Who said there wasn't going to be a desert round? ;)

A common request from those who like to play PTO, is why must they suffer through another Russian vs. German, American vs. German, or Brit vs. German round. If not all PTO rounds, then at least a single dedicated round. I have been told that sprinkling a single or even two scenarios per round ensures that a PTO player will most likely never play a PTO scenario in a tournament.

I personally don't play PTO enough, but I understand what the PTO player must endure at most tournaments; hoping to play at least one PTO scenario in a tournament.

Like I said, the rounds are still being developed and the scenario selection is being trimmed down. o_O

Cheers

George

SSlunt

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
George it is your Tournament to do with as you please.
I am only conveying what I have hear and seen.
There are a couple of scenarios that have the PTO opponents but no PTO terrain. I would suggest that if you do a PTO only round that you consider offering 1 or 2 of those types scenarios.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If players are offered a choice between one PTO scenario and two ETO, they would choose the best one, irrespective of its theater. For that reason, I don't think that PTO scenarios are shunned by players. Good designs will always see some action. Were it the case due to a majority of inexperienced/unwilling players, having a max of one PTO scenario per round would ensure that no one is forced to play one. Not a big deal for a PTO-inclined player as he is also happy to play ETO (provided quality is there of course). Tournaments can only encourage players to play specialty ASL, not force them.