Canadian Advanced Squad Leader Open XXIII

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok I understand the bonus points, still see a problem between 6th and 7th place scores. Unless the numbers column is wrong. Oh bye the way this conversation is totally on me, Andy hasn't said a word to me, and I am not acting for him, just my own understanding.

Last edited:

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I have relayed this points/ranking issue to the TD. I am confident he will find the explanation for the anomaly after he recovers from the busy weekend of running in and playing in the event.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There was an error in ranking Andy and Bruce in the 1st version of the final standings. Clumsy thumbs on the hands of the TD. I have fixed it now.

To answer an earlier post, we use a simple Google Docs (or rather Google Sheets) tool, that (1) uses Google forms for players to enter game results, (2) uses Sheets to generate standings and subsequent matchups for future rounds. Matchups are usually available about 15 minutes after the last result is entered. Players can view Matchups, Game Results, and Standings in real time throughout the tournament, both on their devices and on-screen in the game room.

Doug Rimmer
CASLO XXIII Tournament Director

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
CASLO was really fun. the Ottawa crew put on a fine event, again. thank you. you guys did some good work producing a really fun event, appreciate everyones efforts. CASLA is an awesome organization, ensuring a Canadian city hosts an annual ASL event. great group of guys from all over Canada & half dozen Americans. a record for attendance for CASLO this year. congratulations to the winner. I had a blast playing great opponents & fun scenarios. well organized TD Doug, played & ran smooth show. sweet prize & some kit from Helen & Chris. fine scotch. no boarder hassles. I diced poor Ken: I used the same cup, dice, & hand for both of us for an unjust win v a top player & fun opponent. that game exhausted my luck. for in the last round Jeff pounded my poor Americanos, who could not pass an NMC or land an AT shot, for the crushing win. he got me again. awesome tourney.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Ditto the above. I wish I could have had more time to get to know better all of our Canadian ASL'ers/neighbors. Great prize table but even better competition! I will try to make it back a little sooner the next time. Canada is worth a visit.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Bruce is a new guy who came out of nowhere and turned out to be a hell of a force. He's a natural born dice-rollin' man. I don't mind briefly sharing the glory of 6th place with him, as long as everyone understands that 6th place really belongs to ME.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Bruce is a new guy who came out of nowhere and turned out to be a hell of a force. He's a natural born dice-rollin' man. I don't mind briefly sharing the glory of 6th place with him, as long as everyone understands that 6th place really belongs to ME.

LOL: but poor Bruce got sharked