Can you make your own maps with BCT?

Moggy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was wondering if you can create topo maps for BCT, or do you primarily use the ones that come with the game?

Is there a tool available to create elevation maps?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Currently, you can only use the maps that come with the game. This is a major limitation and has been discussed extensively here on this forum. The problem is that ATF uses real digital elevation data for its maps. As you move the mouse around the map, you will see changing elevation and coordinate data for every point on the map. This is quite an improvement over hex-based maps, however, it comes with a steep price.

a. You can't create your own maps.

b. The maps require some serious PC resources to handle well.

CPT Proctor has stated that ProSIMM is exploring possibilities for allowing players to create their own maps. There doesn't seem to be any simple solution at present and I don't know how long it is going to be before some type of utility is made available. It may be that ProSIMM will not be able to correct this shortcoming until Air Assault Task Force comes out.

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You can alter those maps in BCT. You can add things like roads, elevated points, forest, etc. However, as Maddog stated you can't add brand new maps.

I should point out BCT, and I think ATF maps are not direct copies of orginal maps. It just represents the general area. There are enough maps in BCT to cover all kinds of terrain. Ex: You can take the Cuba map and use it for let's say Falkland Islands. It would be difficult to tell the difference.

Moggy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Again...thanks for the answers guys...I just ordered BCT Commander. ATF will most likely be next on my wishlist.

:)