Can you identify the highlighted symbol?

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The enlarged photo of the emblem is too fuzzy to identify, however the symbol within the pin is somewhat similar in shape to the wehrmacht veterinary emblem. The soldier's riding breeches and gloves would tend to support this possibility. The heart shape of the pin has me totally baffled however.

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
the cap emblem looks very much like it, and might be easier to find out about.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I think he is s Vet for horses.

Why did you hide his face?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
The link did not help me any (I don't and won't use FB). Not sure why "hidden for privacy concerns of family" other then he is some war criminal. If so then his face should be shown. Most soldiers don't mind their photo's when in 'normal'. I could see if a service remember lost a limb or had some other type of horrific wounds to "protect him or his family" but if a solider was shown killing civilians then he should be exposed. I guess some family names in these types of circumstances would be embarrassed, but why hide "history"?

As my name implies I have family members that most likely killed a lot of Germans, and I am sure some of them did some horrible things the the German population, but that does not warrant that I need some type of 'protection' from the truth.

Just my two bits on hiding and exposing the truth in such circumstances.